What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game 2 team

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol Yeah well you snuck in before me

Im not sure swapping Dugan for Stewart would gain NSW much. Besides, I really dont trust Ratstails shoulder

abpanther

Staff member
I think it would if he was healthy.

To me (just based on my observations), Stewart is a good club footballer, he's safe at the back and he can chime into a backline movement and if there's a gap he can exploit it with his speed. But to me he's not gonna break many tackles or create much for his outside men.

When healthy I think Dugan is pretty explosive on kick returns and he also has the ability to hit the line and break tackles and offload. I just think he offers a little more and is also the future NSW fullback.

Jason Maher

Immortal
3 weeks ago, NSW supposedly had no props. Now there are half a dozen good ones.

No wonder NSW can't get their shit together. A string of 3 or 4 good club games and suddenly a bloke's a world beater. Then they're picked for Origin, have one or two average games and then they're stamped never to play again.

NSW needs blokes at the top who can identify rep players, not just select blokes who are simply in good form.

I wasn't one saying that. We have a number of good props, most of them young. They won't develop into Origin class props unless they're given a decent run.

P.s. I'd dearly love to know on what criteria you'd expect these mysterious chaps to make the distinction between "rep player" and merely "in form player". Personally I expect you've been paying too much attention to Gus' nonsense.

He ain't Joey Johns but he is doing pretty well for himself. You don't agree?
Yeh well his performances in SOO say he is not doing pretty well..
He is the most overated player of the last 20 yrs .
In SOO 1 his forwards did the hard work & continully got within QLD's 20 .
A chance for a creative half to do something..Still waiting.
Pearce has the creativity of a Turnip.
As a QLDER there are other halves who i fear far more but by all means keep picking this dud.

Hutty1986

Immortal
As a QLDER there are other halves who i fear far more but by all means keep picking this dud.

E.g?

I wasn't one saying that. We have a number of good props, most of them young. They won't develop into Origin class props unless they're given a decent run.

P.s. I'd dearly love to know on what criteria you'd expect these mysterious chaps to make the distinction between "rep player" and merely "in form player". Personally I expect you've been paying too much attention to Gus' nonsense.

No, but that was the general consensus. Now everyone's putting up the likes of Woods, Grant, Galloway, TLL, Ryles, White, etc like NSW suddenly has a surplus of current genuine rep props again. Really need to remember how many props NSW has been through over the last few years, and how many of them are still in the game. QLD have been through just 6 or 7 over their domination, and these have really been the cream of the QLD & Australian crop over this time, not stop gap, he is in form at the moment transit lounge players.

Dunno criteria. I'm not paid to recognise talent.

I don't think rushing blokes in after a few good games this season is the way to approach it either. NSW are heading towards the 5, 6, 7 debutants mark again this series. We're bringing them in, chewing them up after an average performance, then spitting them out in a couple of games because players are being picked on meaningless stats, or just a few good club matches prior to the origin game.

It was primarily the genuine rep keepers that shined for NSW in Game 1, not the in form club wunderkinds. Guys who have provided several years of consistent performances, not just a 5 game purple patch.

and they are probably all QLDers, Kiwis, or injured.

Unfortunately, NSW has a shallow depth at halfback at the moment.

The Carney, Pearce, Farah combo will be good for the Game 1 run. First game they've all played together. Combinations take time. Origin camp is like pre-season for these blokes, and many other NSW combos because they're always new. Contrast this to QLD who have club and rep combos stretching back years.

MSIH

Bench
Wallace,or play Maloney at 7 ..
they can create.
Pearce can put a kick up & hope for the best.

Go start another anti-AFL thread and leave discussions on the NSW side to NSW supporters.

Pearce is clearly the best option. He was ok in Game I, he just got no help from Carney. Stick with them both, I'm confident they'll strike up a handy combo in time.

Dugan for Stewart's stupid.

Go start another anti-AFL thread and leave discussions on the NSW side to NSW supporters.

Pearce is clearly the best option. He was ok in Game I, he just got no help from Carney. Stick with them both, I'm confident they'll strike up a handy combo in time.

Dugan for Stewart's stupid.
So a QLD supporter is not allowed to post in a NSW thread.
I hope you give the same advice to NSW fans commenting on QLD threads
& this has nothing to do with AFL..
I was commenting on why your miserable team keeps failing..
Go back to your circle jerk about Junior junior ,I will keep laughing at you lot looking for reasons why your team keeps losing.
It's staring you in the face ...
7.M.Pearce.

broncos70

Juniors
Mitchell Pearce. 4 try assists in 7 origin games. 3 from kicks. 1 win in 7 games. That 1 win included 2 of his try assists. He plays a pivotal role in winning games for NSW and needs to set up more tries than he does. Especially after a dominant forward pack in game 1. To be honest, I thought Soward was the unlucky one out of the halves pairing from last year. Thought Soward looks dangerous and could've developed into something special. Carney will continuously be shut down by QLD. They let Pearce run loose because they know he aint dangerous at all.

R2Coupe

Juniors
i would try and bring in maybe dugan watmough and woods all are good players

Watmough is a must and Woods to replace Creagh.

I don't see how Dugan can replace Stewart. Stewart played well and like all players needs games to settle in to the team.

Mr Fourex

Bench
some of you blokes make me laugh.

apart from a small tweak, the Game 1 team has to be persisted with. Sure, there are selections there that I don't agree with either, but Stuart made them and the bulk of them need to be maintained for continuity.

:lol: Indeed....... the LU NSW numpty club, sure is good for a laugh.

I would have thought Wotmong is in for the injured Tony Williams ......

and that's it.

Jamie Buhrer didn't exactly have the chance to "shine" but I really didn't think he did anything wrong.

Can't see Stuart making wholesale changes to a team that according to some were the better team on the night.

All of the players picked for game 1 will be better for the experience come game 2 and whilst I think QLD will still smash them, it will be a good contest.

timka4

Bench
Buhrer didn't do anything wrong, but his involvement in the game wasn't / wont be necessary. We don't need him or an impact hooker, Farah is the best hooker in NSW by a margin and has been for a while now.
Creagh, Williams, Buhrer are the only changes necessary imo.

Hutty1986

Immortal
:lol: Indeed....... the LU NSW numpty club, sure is good for a laugh.

I would have thought Wotmong is in for the injured Tony Williams ......

and that's it.

Jamie Buhrer didn't exactly have the chance to "shine" but I really didn't think he did anything wrong.

Can't see Stuart making wholesale changes to a team that according to some were the better team on the night.

All of the players picked for game 1 will be better for the experience come game 2 and whilst I think QLD will still smash them, it will be a good contest.

NSW playing at home in front of 84,000 passionate Blues fans will be a different proposition in game 2. Reality has never been your forte though has it derpy?

Latest posts