What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW halfback - Walsh > Pearce

typicalfan

Coach
Please lay off the drugs people. Luke Walsh has been great since he has moved to Penrith but lets be real. His kicking game comes off the back of one of the best forward packs in the competition and one of the best kick chase teams in the game.

It is hard to call what Luke Walsh does as a try assist, it is more that the skill of a Lachlan Coote or Michael Jennings assists him to get a try assist and not the other way around.

A true try assist is when a try is put on a platter for a teammate.

His passing game and running game are non existent.

Spot On

Coach
Please lay off the drugs people. Luke Walsh has been great since he has moved to Penrith but lets be real. His kicking game comes off the back of one of the best forward packs in the competition and one of the best kick chase teams in the game.

It is hard to call what Luke Walsh does as a try assist, it is more that the skill of a Lachlan Coote or Michael Jennings assists him to get a try assist and not the other way around.

A true try assist is when a try is put on a platter for a teammate.

His passing game and running game are non existent.

You forgot to add that he stands on the sideline in defence. Now, I am assuming he is told to be there when Penrith are tackling for a very good reason.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Pick him because he's in form now, and then ... what, pick whoever else is in form next year if Walsh goes off the boil? Is that your thinking?

That's how NSW selectors have been selecting halves for the past five years. IT AIN'T WORKING!

Pearce was not responsible for the Roosters poor showing in 2009. He was consistently their best. He's served his apprenticeship and now deserves to be chosen, not just for the rest of this series, but at least each game of next series as well. It's not rocket science.

Danish

Referee
all points are moot as gidley will be picked IMO.

Pearce was the only player the selectors would pick ahead of Gids, and he needed to have a blinder last night to force their hand. He didn't, and the selectors will now go with their favourite little battler instead

badav

Bench
Brian Smith told him he wasn't wanted... Smiths eye for talent is known for being ordinary.

I don't know whether or not thats true, but i mean he described Luke Walsh in an interview as a better #7 than Jarrod Mullen.

Don't you remember, NSW pick Mullen at 7, and then his coach reveals he's not even the best halfback at his club let alone the state.

I think Walsh was unlucky in terms of bad timing with injuries at Newcastle.

Sleep

Juniors
I'd prefer Wallace over either of them. He's as tough as nails. Much cooler than both. Has more and better experience than both. More heart than both. Is a better defender than both. And a better organiser.

He got hung out to dry last year.

I'd prefer Wallace over either of them. He's as tough as nails. Much cooler than both. Has more and better experience than both. More heart than both. Is a better defender than both. And a better organiser.

He got hung out to dry last year.

He hung Campese and Farah out to dry last year, he was awful.

He's also not a better organiser, not at all. Pearce and Walsh are much better organisers, they have better kicking games, Pearce's running game is much better as well as his passing game. Wallace is not a better defender than Pearce, since Pearce would be close to the best defensive halfback in the game, bar a couple.

Wallace is absolutely no match for Pearce.

AuDragon

Juniors
He hung Campese and Farah out to dry last year, he was awful.

He's also not a better organiser, not at all. Pearce and Walsh are much better organisers, they have better kicking games, Pearce's running game is much better as well as his passing game. Wallace is not a better defender than Pearce, since Pearce would be close to the best defensive halfback in the game, bar a couple.

Wallace is absolutely no match for Pearce.
Yes, you're absolutely right. Don't select Wallace, he's worthless! :sarcasm:

Sleep

Juniors
Wallace at Origin Level > Pearce at Origin Level.

Watch both players first game playing for NSW and tell me who did better. Pearce like Mullen was a ghost out there and wasn't up to it.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Pearce 2010 > Pearce 2008

He wasn't ready in 2008 ... they threw him to the wolves.

Wallace has played four and lost three. The points differentials in those games was -42.

Pearce has played in just one game, which NSW lost by 6.

Wallace had his shot and failed. Since then he hasn't done anything to demand selection.

watatank

Coach
Wallace at Origin Level > Pearce at Origin Level.

Watch both players first game playing for NSW and tell me who did better. Pearce like Mullen was a ghost out there and wasn't up to it.

Mullen and Pearce debuted in high pressure situations (Mullen up in QLD, Pearce in a decider) with very little support (hint: who was in the 6?) and the performances of the respective teams was poor. Wallace debuted at home and played behind stronger packs and stronger overall sides

Last edited:

Latest posts