What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Left Centre for 2011

mxlegend99

Referee
Gordon was a centre for the Cougars before his first grade debut, but since his debut has only played a few matches at centre. Matt Elliott for some reason has it stuck in his head that he's a winger and that he can get more involved on the wing then in the centres.

Until last year centre was his preferred position, but since spending so much time at fullback that has become his new favorite position. Unfortunately for him he's apparently not good enough to get picked at either... despite easily being our best and most consistent player.

jbl31649

Juniors
Gasnier and Lyon for centres.

Hey, at least it's not Cooper and Tahu...

Thing with Lyon (and i am a Manly fan), his defence hasn't been as good this year, but he has been putting good kicks through for his wing (which has always been apart of his game), Inglis up staged him so far this year and that concerns me.

This is why I would prefer a solid defender, than a quality attacker to close down Inglis.

Gaz - 133 tackles 8 - missed
Lyon - 66 tackles 9 missed #although Lyon missed to games through injury and is getting better

Aubusson - 121 tackles missed 5 (thats pretty good)

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
Lyon hasn't got the heart.

Le Gas on the right, he's been there before, provides us with some much needed experience in what will more than likely be a very young team and can set up his winger (probably Uate) beautifully.

jbl31649

Juniors
Lyon hasn't got the heart.

Le Gas on the right, he's been there before, provides us with some much needed experience in what will more than likely be a very young team and can set up his winger (probably Uate) beautifully.

That looks kinda funny....Lyon hasn't got a heart..think he needs to see the wizard of oz.

After last night Gaz should be a certain pick, but after listen to Ricky on One Week at a Time, he feels Gaz still isn't big enough or back to his best.

Makes me think Ricky's not our man, Gaz's defence is better then before he went to Union and if they go with Soward, there combos would be great.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Gaz has gotten the better of Inglis before and can do it again. But we arent going to win the game by beating or stopping Inglis.

Gaz is our best right centre right now.

jbl31649

Juniors
Good test for Idris early playing left centre. If he plays well maybe e can handle it at Origin level.

Yosh

Coach
Well right centre will be Gaz or Idris. Both will go okay I think. I don't think either of them will be our problem.

Left centre, definately a problem... Beau Champion is probably our best bet... We don't need a spectacular left centre. Someone who will defend hard and not get intimidated by Hodges. I don't mind Gordon either but hasn't played enough centre at club level to really stake a claim. I'd like him to play on the wing though, however Hayne will probably get the nod ahead.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Dear god that was a poor Anti lol

Jennings was excellent and well and truly outplayed Morris

lets just hope he gets a spot over idris

from what i saw of him in the test match he would get carved up at origin, poor acceleration, poor lateral movement and little footwork.

jennings really put his hand up was strong in defence and looked dangerous with the ball

boonboon

Juniors
Idris will be looking at a Bench spot again for mine as he is competing with Gasnier in Origin for the right centre position. While if fit Lawrence would have been a definite for left centre I think Jennings did enough last night to get the left centre position. It did show how amazingly badly utilised he is at Penrith - ok he could have passed a couple of times but he was still the best centre in CvC by a long way

Tweed Titan

Bench
IMO the Morris twins are a bit overrated and we have better outside back options.

It was good to see Jennings getting some quality ball last night, he was my pick preseason. Such a shame about Chris Lawrence getting hurt. He had a mortgage on the left centre position.

timka4

Bench
I think Jennings might get that spot as well. I called for his dropping, I'll admit it.
J Morris was very poor, and knowing so much is on the line I think Jennings stood up pretty well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers fans love seeing Jenko play for City, the NRL All Stars and Australia as it's pretty much the only time he has decent halves giving him quality ball. The most frustrating part is that it's not difficult to pass him the ball nice and early. His pace and footwork are enough for him to cause a bit of damage more often then not. Both are pretty much irrelevant when he gets the ball with no room to move or no holes to hit.

I can live with either Jennings or Morris at left centre. It beats having two right centres IMO. Although neither are playing aswell as I would have hoped.

Latest posts