What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Seems to me if this is indeed the team, they have the back up option of playing Gidley at 5/8th, Lyon to centre, Tahu to the wing, Hayne to fullback. Which is probably better.

adamkungl

Immortal
1. Gidley - hack
2. B Morris
3. Cooper
4. Tahu - wtf. Lawrence Jennings Lyon Idris and they pick the one in the most useless form
5. Hayne
6. Lyon - should be at centre, if in the side
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Perry - hack
11. Creagh - fairy
12. Waterhouse
13. Watmough

Learoyd-Lahrs
L. Lewis
Idris - This selection is Sheens-like in its terribleness
B. White - couldnt hit up his way out of a wet paper bag

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Idris is a worse selection than either Wolfman or McManus...at least then we were struggling for options, and they were named in the starting side. Who, other than supercoach Sheens, picks outside backs on the bench? f**k me dead we will get towelled up.

Someone at the NSWRL please have the balls to f**k off Fulton, Daley, the other clown who I forget, and bellamy too while we're at it.

Yep fair enough..good call

Apey

Staff member
Seems to me if this is indeed the team, they have the back up option of playing Gidley at 5/8th, Lyon to centre, Tahu to the wing, Hayne to fullback. Which is probably better.

That's not too bad, as long as Gidley doesn't have to kick. He played pretty well against the Roosters apart from his kicking game.. :lol:

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
What dont people understand Hayne is a liability at fullback , he cant defend or read plays.

Thats why he wasnt picked in the all stars game he isnt rated as a fullback, due to laziness in defense and will let more trys in then he will make and score

user_nat

Coach
Surely they wouldn't pick a centre at 5/8 and have an extra centre on the bench. Can Idris cover the halves in the event of injury?

hellteam

First Grade
The one good thing about that side is that they'll have Cooper marking Inglis... which could very well nullify him.

skeepe

Immortal

That would make too much sense. From what I've heard, the more likely scenario is Ennis to the bench, Hayne to fullback, Idris to the wing and Gidley to hooker. Yes, hooker.

Apey

Staff member
That would make too much sense. From what I've heard, the more likely scenario is Ennis to the bench, Hayne to fullback, Idris to the wing and Gidley to hooker. Yes, hooker.

what the f**k :lol:

Boganater

Juniors
Jamie Lyon isn't a 5/8th's ring hole, that's f**ked, and Gidley over Hayne at Fullback FMD they must be watching a different game either that or they watch the game with Joey Johns sitting next to them blowing his load over Gidley.

Gidley is an absolute suck hole. He must mow the selectors lawns and wash their cars. He simply doesn't deserve the easy ride into rep teams or the little "c" next to his name. How can someone have a such a stranglehold on a position when they have never dominated at this level. f**king bullsh*t

D

Deleted member 10972

Side is disgraceful.

White

Idris

Gidley

Lyon (at five-eighth)

Tahu

Perry

All are completely rubbish, but exactly what I expected.

2. Hayne
4. Lyon (shouldn't be five-eighth ever)
5. Morris
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
11. Watmough
12. Waterhouse

14. Lewis
15. Creagh (not good enough to start at the moment IMO)
16. Learoyd-Lahrs

That is the team I would make out of the players currently in the team. Fill the rest of the positions with BETTER players, the current team is complete trash, what an absolute disgrace.

Where is Dugan, the form fullback of the competition?

Where is Paul Gallen, the toughest and strongest forward NSW have?

Where is Kade Snowden or Luke Douglas, who both are far younger than White yet offer more hitups, more tackles, much harder hitups, etc.?

Where is Josh Morris?

Why not put Gidley on the bench, and Lewis at five-eighth?

skeepe

Immortal
what the f**k :lol:

Here's the report. It was pretty spot on about the rest of the team, so no reason to doubt it:

It will be the first time since Game I of the 2000 series that NSW have chosen only two regular forwards on the bench, with five-eighth Scott Hill and centre Terry Hill selected a decade ago. It means the 2010 Game I Blues will have only one dummy half, Bulldogs hooker Michael Ennis, in the vital position where seizing territory at the ruck is crucial.

However, likely fullback Kurt Gidley is a very capable dummy half, meaning he could move to the play-the-ball position - allowing Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne to switch from wing to his preferred position as fullback. This in turn would allow the 115-kilogram Idris to come onto the field as a centre, shifting the man he replaces to the wing.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...is-can-provide-backup-bulk-20100516-v6go.html

Doga

Juniors
The one good thing about that side is that they'll have Cooper marking Inglis... which could very well nullify him.

It doesn't take cooper to nullify a good ball runner. Have a look at Idris vs the Dragons. I am pretty sure cooper hardly laid a finger on Idris due to Hornby and Kimmorley's flat balls.

hellteam

First Grade
Lyon specifically asked not to play 5/8 and what's the point of picking a centre on the bench?

f**k me the NSW selectors are stupid.

Well he also asked them not to pick him and they didn't listen to him so it's unsurprising really.

Latest posts