What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW origin side.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Wrapped. When they picked the side, I said that it was the best NSW team that they have picked for a very long time. I would have preferred Roberts on the wing and Tom Turbo in the centres, as I think Tom can set up his winger better than Roberts. I would still make that change for the last game.

I was going to put a bet on before the first game of NSW to win 3 nil, but it was only paying $3.30 or so and I didn't think the odds were worth taking the risk. Now I wish that I did.

This team will stay together. Cleary will most likely be NSW halfback for the next 10 years or so. I had Mitchell in my centres at the start of the season and predicted that this would be his breakout year. The Baby Blues have now won the series, lets make it 3 nil.

Belta

Juniors
Frank Facer said;

“Wrapped. When they picked the side, I said that it was the best NSW team that they have picked for a very long time...“

————————————————-

Agree FF I felt it too, felt we had a real good chance with this exciting breed of young talented players...

The tides are changing baby

BennyV

Referee
Wrapped. When they picked the side, I said that it was the best NSW team that they have picked for a very long time. I would have preferred Roberts on the wing and Tom Turbo in the centres, as I think Tom can set up his winger better than Roberts. I would still make that change for the last game.

I was going to put a bet on before the first game of NSW to win 3 nil, but it was only paying $3.30 or so and I didn't think the odds were worth taking the risk. Now I wish that I did.

This team will stay together. Cleary will most likely be NSW halfback for the next 10 years or so. I had Mitchell in my centres at the start of the season and predicted that this would be his breakout year. The Baby Blues have now won the series, lets make it 3 nil.
Didnt you vote for Mitch Moses in the 7 jersey in the off season?!

Gareth67

First Grade
He needs to step up next game now that the pressure is off. He's lucky to be playing behind a good pack as well as having Maloney & Cook take the pressure off him.I never thought i'd say this but god help us if Maloney gets injured.

blacksafake - agree buddy , Maloney certainly knows how to direct the traffic , a class act - a class player . Where ever he goes he brings success with him , young Cleary could not had been paired with a better halves partner to gain experience from .

nontime111

Juniors
Congrats my Dragons NSW fans what a cracking game!! Just pipped us good to see some joy for you all us QLDers have had it too long deserved the win, actually one of the very best NSW performances Ive ever seen

ouryears

Bench
The side now could see us racking up quite a few series in the years ahead.
We won by 4 points, QLD should have won, and would have won had Hunt had a decent game.

There won't be any new dynasty, every game will be 50/50 and if QLD fix their halves, it will be series wins to QLD.

Stay tuned.

giboz71

First Grade
It was never a fair fight for the past 13 years as QLD had 3 or 4 future immortals in that period (Lockyer, JT, Smith, Slater and co). NSW didn’t even have one player close to that caliber in the same period (after Joey retired).

As was shown in the last 10 mins of the game, QLD needed a champion to pull it out of the fire. They would have won that game if JT, Cronk or Smith were still playing.

Ben Hunt is getting unfairly blamed when in reality people expect him to be JT or Cronk. News flash, he’s not given those 2 are once in a generation players.

Kent explained it best in NRL 360 last night, the 2 teams are pretty even now. Don’t think there will be any dynasty, series will be won based on right team selections and who turns up for the games. Ponga will be a champion for Qld, look out for him next year and the years after that.

Frank Facer

First Grade
It was never a fair fight for the past 13 years as QLD had 3 or 4 future immortals in that period (Lockyer, JT, Smith, Slater and co). NSW didn’t even have one player close to that caliber in the same period (after Joey retired).

As was shown in the last 10 mins of the game, QLD needed a champion to pull it out of the fire. They would have won that game if JT, Cronk or Smith were still playing.

Ben Hunt is getting unfairly blamed when in reality people expect him to be JT or Cronk. News flash, he’s not given those 2 are once in a generation players.

Kent explained it best in NRL 360 last night, the 2 teams are pretty even now. Don’t think there will be any dynasty, series will be won based on right team selections and who turns up for the games. Ponga will be a champion for Qld, look out for him next year and the years after that.
you could add Inglis to your list of Qld greats.

I do think that NSW could go onto create their own dynasty over the next few years. Cleary, Mitchell and Tom Turbo are all great young backs who will keep improving. Teddy is a very good fullback. I like the look of our forward pack too. DeBelin is very important to NSW defence. Cook is very dangerous out of dummy half.

Como Connection

First Grade
blacksafake - agree buddy , Maloney certainly knows how to direct the traffic , a class act - a class player . Where ever he goes he brings success with him , young Cleary could not had been paired with a better halves partner to gain experience from .
Disagree about him being a class person, doesn't line up with what I have been told.
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
Disagree about him being a class person, doesn't line up with what I have been told.
CC

Como Connection , buddy when referring to a class act / class player I was in reality referring to the mans game and also his footy smarts . Don't know anything about his personal life , that his business .

ouryears

Bench
Como Connection , buddy when referring to a class act / class player I was in reality referring to the mans game and also his footy smarts . Don't know anything about his personal life , that his business .
You guys are getting carried away, we won by 4 points.
They broke our line almost at will.
Slater cut us open.
Next year it will be Ponga.
If their halves had done their jobs, goodnight NSW.
With Ponga, Arrow and others, I see a new QLD dynasty.
The 3rd game will prove this.

The Damo

Juniors
Slater cut us open.
Almost at will equals 5 line breaks?
Slater cut us open? With 0 line breaks?
Teddy ran 40 more metres, broke 5 tackles to two, had a try assist and line break assist vs 0 try assists and 1 line break assist, had 0 errors to Slaters 2, and 1 missed tackle to Slaters 2.
Do you actually watch footy or are you just bad at it?

Gareth67

First Grade
Slater cut us open.

ouryears , buddy , Como and I were referring to something other than the result itself , however now that you have mentioned the game I believe that one needs also to realise that N.S.W. Shall grow into a more potent force in the years to come . As for the banana landers , well they no longer have Thurston , Cronk and Smith calling the shots - they do have a lot of rebuilding ahead of them .

ouryears

Bench
ouryears , buddy , Como and I were referring to something other than the result itself , however now that you have mentioned the game I believe that one needs also to realise that N.S.W. Shall grow into a more potent force in the years to come . As for the banana landers , well they no longer have Thurston , Cronk and Smith calling the shots - they do have a lot of rebuilding ahead of them .
Gareth my good man, Getting beat by 4 points and making line breaks like they were a knife thru butter hardly requires a rebuild.

Just needs a small fine tune.

The final game?

I predict the NSW streak of a whole 2 games will end like it never started.

Shall we have a wager?
QLD by 20

The Damo

Juniors
Gareth my good man, Getting beat by 4 points and making line breaks like they were a knife thru butter hardly requires a rebuild.

Just needs a small fine tune.

The final game?

I predict the NSW streak of a whole 2 games will end like it never started.

Shall we have a wager?
QLD by 20
5 line breaks to 3 is like a knife through butter?
3 tries apiece
35 missed tackles to 28
9 errors to 7
83% completion to 89%
Lost by 4
They have the games most celebrated fullback, the Australian Test outside backs. And they lost.
It was close, nobody’s denying that. It will continue to be close, but NSW have plenty of improvement in them too.

ouryears

Bench
5 line breaks to 3 is like a knife through butter?
3 tries apiece
35 missed tackles to 28
9 errors to 7
83% completion to 89%
Lost by 4
They have the games most celebrated fullback, the Australian Test outside backs. And they lost.
It was close, nobody’s denying that. It will continue to be close, but NSW have plenty of improvement in them too.
If they had a half who delivered on the night, they would have won by 20.

As we are all well aware, having a half who delivers will totally change the outcome.

Had Hunt played decent, goodnight NSW.

That WAS the only missing link for an easy QLD win.

You all say it's a NSW dynasty, however, winning by only 4 when their key man played a shocker tells me there will be no dynasty.

If they get their halves right, we won't get close in game 3.

No point debating it now, game 3 will tell the story.

Post me when the result is known. Put in your diary.