What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Robbed of victory by pathetic video ref

Whats Doing

Bench
and nothing, ABSOLUTLY nothing wrong with carlaws try

Go to OPSM and give yourself an uppercut as well. Slater was clearly offside in Carlaw's try but Mr Bean tried to do a Harrigan and F**Ked up again by not going to the video ref.

Eels Dude

Coach
Both tries were fine. Quit you're sore losing guys, QLD won because they took advantage of their oppurtunities and had great scrambling defence.

KFC

Juniors
Sadly I am drug and alcohol free.

We must agree to disagree.

I thought it was a wonderful spectacle but i believe the officials were incompetent.

Frailty

First Grade
All tries were fine....

....That slater try was pure brilliance.... Onside fair and square, look at the feet KFC (I love KFC just thought id let you know).... I understand you may disagree but please have a go at the video REFS...

Graeham West and Tim Mander were both in the box tonight, as there are always two refs in the box for rep games

yeh.... but tries were fine.....

t-ba

Post Whore
I got nothing wrong with the tries. Slater may have been offside but it was impossible to tell, and Slater had every right to remain where he was after the kick.

Sato

Juniors
He was onside. I thought watching it live he was offside and was confident of a no try when it went upstairs...then they showed the zoom in one, and it showed he was just on.

greeneyed

First Grade
It did go to the video ref and he was correct. And it was one of the most magnificent tries in Origin history. I will go down in the annals of the greatest tries ever in Origin. Get over it. Fantastic.

greeneyed

First Grade
Please... please.. tell me Gould is complaining about the video ref decisions...... it will make the victory all the sweeter...... as it is obvious they got them right.

meltiger

First Grade
KFC said:
If anyone here can honestly tell me that Billy Slater was on side from Locker's kick I will go hopping to hell.

LOL!

Look I hate QLD as much as anyone .... But Billy was onside.

As mentioned before the last try was the contentious one but given Gidley's defensive skills I seriously doubt he would have pulled Carlaw down anyway.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I reckon Qld won because they took advantage of some handy refereing decisions.

I would go as far as to say i believe the officials (at least one of them) were corrupt. (They have set it up nicely for the decider). I always suspected it and Phil Gould suggested it pre game, but as NSW won the first two last year, i decided it would be above board. It's a shame us punters have to take referee corruption into account when assessing the form> :x :cry: :( :x :evil: :x :( :x :x

I was seething over some of the calls and the bad camera angle fooled me at first but i quickly conceeded that Billy Slater scored a fair try at least on benefit of the doubt. He more than made up for his defensive error leading up to the Timana Tahu try.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
If you look at the camera angle, it shows the 40 metre line is going slightly diagonally up screen, and when you line it up with Lockyer's boot Slater is very much ON SIDE!! Correct decision there.

The other try I have no problem with. If Gidley was alert he may have been able to get to Carlaw, and not try and pretend he was impeded. FAIR TRY AGAIN!

Narcissist

Juniors
I love it. NSW are a bunch of sooks. Lucky you bought freddy back and gave finch a un otherwise we may have lost, actually no we wouldn't off cause NSW suck.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I held a newspaper at the same angle as the field lines up to the TV when it when to the video ref. He was onside....just.

fish

Juniors
Bravo to the fair minded roaches and boo hiss to the others looking for excuses for the loss.In my opinion NSW were the dominant side for 2/3rds of the game but didn't take their oportunities which there were a few.

Kaz

junior
KFC said:
If anyone here can honestly tell me that Billy Slater was on side from Locker's kick I will go hopping to hell.

The video ref's decision was a disgrace.

Don't get me wrong it was a fabulous game but the officials involved had an influence on the out come.

The Video Ref has alot more camera angles then what we see.

But from what I saw, Slater was onside.

BTW: What leg will you start off with hopping to hell.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
On side off side, meh

He still had a lot to after that, I am blue, I was there, deserved a try.

Latest posts