What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Robbed of victory by pathetic video ref

KFC

Juniors
If anyone here can honestly tell me that Billy Slater was on side from Locker's kick I will go hopping to hell.

The video ref's decision was a disgrace.

Don't get me wrong it was a fabulous game but the officials involved had an influence on the out come.

And if Sean Hamstead is the leagues's best ref.

We are in serious trouble.

In conclusion, congratulations QLD I look forward to the decider.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yes, they did go to the video ref for that try

they didn't go to the video ref for the Carlaw try in which Slater potentially blocked a NSW player from making a tackle but I thought it was fine tho

ibeme

First Grade
They went to the video ref, and zoomed right in. Too close to call for sure. Benefit of the doubt. The decision was correct (and I'm a blue).

Moffo

Referee
He was onside, honestly, go watch it again

At the very WORST, he was on the line. But there is no way they could've called him off

Godz Illa

Coach
KFC said:
If anyone here can honestly tell me that Billy Slater was on side from Locker's kick I will go hopping to hell.
Get hopping. I, a Blues supporter, am quite satisfied that Slater was onside.

Red Bear

Referee
I thought you were talking about the Carlaw try. The carlaw try was bullshit, but the slater try was fine.

pcpp

Juniors
Sigh.... whinging... and you blamed the few that were whinging after the golden point game.

QLD deserved to win.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
As a NSW fan I found nothing wrong with the Carlaw try, Tahu dropped the ball and Gidley took the wrong option. As for the Slater Im still not certain about it, I thought he was offside.

But you cant blame the loss on dodgy ref decisions.

Bring on Game 3 the decider.

choc_soldier

Coach
Yes, QLD deserved to win.

I need to have another look at the replay. For mine, he looked just slightly off-side, but it may have been the camera angle. I was blowing up at the time though.

KFC

Juniors
I've replayed the video twice now and I still believe that Billy was a foot in front of Lockyer. IMO the video Ref got it wrong. But in saying that it doesn't matter a shit. QLD won. The series decider will be played in NSW. You couldn't write a better script.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ohhh please
slater was onside and if he wasnt it was only by marginal
benifit of the doubt IMO
and nothing, ABSOLUTLY nothing wrong with carlaws try

Some people...
:roll: :roll:

gaterooze

Bench
KFC are you on drugs? I'm a NSWelshman and I agreed with all the try calls 100%.

And I'm not sure what Gus is whinging about, there were a couple of 50/50 calls but they went both ways and none of them were major. I thought the ref did pretty well overall.