NSW Tertiary name squad for India Tour

Discussion in 'International' started by yakstorm, Jul 10, 2018.

1. yakstorm

yakstorm Bench

Source: http://www.asiapacificrl.com/2018/07/10/nsw-tertiary-name-squad-to-tour-india/

After India pulled out of the Emerging Nations World Championship, this is a good result. Far more likely to make an impact on the development of the code in the country this way.

2. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Yep, far better to have a series of games in the country than a group of players flying across the world to play in a small tournament.

Good idea to use these younger kids too. They would be excited where as the NRL players would just bitch the whole time

DlEHARD likes this.
  3. siv

siv Bench

Who are they playing ?

4. taipan

taipan Coach

Great stuff.Like the set up.Tertiary students tend to be leading the way both here and in Europe.

They may have to compete with the 8 post brigade, who apparently have 1% of the population in raptures.

5. hutch

hutch First Grade

I didn’t know the greatest game of all was played in India. Any info on it?

DlEHARD likes this.
  6. StadiumXIII

StadiumXIII Juniors

There hasn't been much news on the ENWC? you'd hope India could scrape together a team. The sport has to start somewhere. Good on the NSW Tertiary team to tour India, hope its a success and regular RL activity can continue there.

7. yakstorm

yakstorm Bench

I know of three different individuals leading the attempts to start Rugby League in India. They aren't rivals, just a case of it is a very large country, both geographically and population size.

In the south-west is Kerala, which is where the RLFI and lead by Rajeev Raj. The RLFI has been primarily focused on junior football, with kids between 12 - 18 taking part in their events and courses.

Kolkata is where Paul Walsh is based out of, a British Ex-Pat who sits on the ASEAN Rugby League board and help set up the Jungle Crows Rugby club.

Then in Mumbai, there is former St Helens man, Anthony Wright, who is doing work through the ACE Foundation to teach kids the code.

As for Bangalore, not sure who is driving there, and maybe it might be one of the above.

siv likes this.