What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Cup TV Coverage 2008

Copa

Bench
I liked watching what i could of the JBC on foxtel but the broadcast time made it difficult for me to see the games....

a weekly NSWRL game on ABC2 would be great.. esp if broadcast on weekends and then a delayed broadcast at night through the week.

coachz

Juniors
the jbc was good to see on the telly this year. however.... the standard on the production of the actual coverage was very average compared with the abc coverage of the qld cup we saw beforehand. im sure if the people covering the jbc had the same budget of the abc it would be a lot more appealing

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
coachz said:
the jbc was good to see on the telly this year. however.... the standard on the production of the actual coverage was very average compared with the abc coverage of the qld cup we saw beforehand. im sure if the people covering the jbc had the same budget of the abc it would be a lot more appealing
theres only so much you can do with 3 cameras tappy and a sound guy :D

Perth Red

Post Whore
Be disappointed if they don't show JBC. Was hoping they would put on some of the Reds away games.

Nfed

Juniors
Perth Red said:
Be disappointed if they don't show JBC. Was hoping they would put on some of the Reds away games.

The games broadcast depend on whether your club puts in the money. I believe that 8 of the 12 teams paid this year. For those that did not - Asquith had no games, Shellharbour had 1 away game, Seven Hills one away game and Sydney Bulls had 2 away games (they would have got only 1 but in a wet week their game against Wenty was the only one not washed out).

Of course, once the semis come you get on without paying.

The producer of the show is too small to go to WA so WA will have to try to negotiate a special fee.

Perth Red

Post Whore
more interested in seeing the away games on telly as I'll be at the home games! Hopefully the clubs we are playing will pay up so we are on.

SthWestSydGuy

Juniors
yakstorm said:
Setting up almost a pure NSWRL Cup website would go a long way, with up to date features on games, and some colour stories would be great.

Hopefully made by someone other than the present NSWRL web administrator. It's not a very informative site at the moment.

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
SthWestSydGuy said:
Hopefully made by someone other than the present NSWRL web administrator. It's not a very informative site at the moment.
its not worth visiting ,you can get more JB cup info off the sydney bulls site :roll:

yappy

Bench
As I feared it looks like the NSWRL will take the soft option and it will be combined with JBC on Foxtel. Stinks, but knowing the NSWRL I should never have got my hopes up.

yappy said:
As I feared it looks like the NSWRL will take the soft option and it will be combined with JBC on Foxtel. Stinks, but knowing the NSWRL I should never have got my hopes up.

Yep - disappointing news.

Now that the ABC's commitment to the ARC is null and void it presents an opportunity for games on ABC and ABC2 - a fair few vacant slots in the weekend schedule... though I'm guessing it's too late if the Foxtel deal has been made.

Nfed

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Yep - disappointing news.

Now that the ABC's commitment to the ARC is null and void it presents an opportunity for games on ABC and ABC2 - a fair few vacant slots in the weekend schedule... though I'm guessing it's too late if the Foxtel deal has been made.

The ARC only ran for 10 weeks. The ABC will get a full year of Club rugby, as usual, except for 2007.

girvie

Staff member
yappy said:
So basically it will be NSW Cup one week and the next week JBC?

Latest posts