What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Finals eligibilty for players

bucks1972

Juniors
I have been searching to confirm the NSWRL eligibility rules for the finals series. Whilst I have been unable to confirm anything, I have emailed the league to seek clarification.

I did however, find the below comment relating the Cowboys and their feeder club in the QRL. I would assume that the same laws would apply for NSWRL but can any one confirm this?

Unlikely to now make the NRL finals, North Queensland will be checking Wizard Cup finals eligibility for all its players. The basic guidelines are 10 or more games in the Wizard Cup this year or a greater number of games in the Wizard Cup than in the NRL this year.

2 True Blues

Coach
Think it is more than half a season in Premier league, andor 5 out of the last 8 season games mate. But also not sure. Would appreciate you posting your findings for sure, when you find out mate. Thanks..... ( Think there is also some rule that also makes players eligable if the NRL side makes the top eight as well ????? )

Jeffles

Bench
The rules are set by the NSWRL so the QRL rules may not offer much.

My understanding is similar to 2TB's.