What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin III - Wed 17 Jul - QLD 4-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fangs

Coach
Laurie Daley 1994 - QLD win game 1 - NSW come back win decider at Suncorp.

Danny Buderus 2005 - QLD win game 1 - NSW come back win decider at Suncorp.

Jake Trbojevic 2024 - QLD win game 1 - NSW come back win decider at Suncorp.

Only three times have we won a decider in QLD.

Three legendary NSW captains, immortality.

Don't forget the role of Connor Watson.

aqua_duck

Coach
So we load up on plodders in game 1 but once we cleared them out we comfortably won the series. Hogesco, Hudson Dumb and Swahili should all have their papers stamped.
To be fair Tedesco and Suualii were only there due to injuries and Suualii has literally had his papers stamped, you also forgot the failure we had at halfback in game 1.

aqua_duck

Coach
I absolutely agree that Api should have been there. I heard a counter argument saying that maybe Api is too creative which will take away from the Blues power game. I can kinda live with that but would prefer Api playing.
Jake’s off field stuff must really have an effect on the team and the boys seem to love him.
Also, someone is always going to end up with limited minutes, not the worst ploy in the world to have that player be a starter.
I think it’s been discussed as nauseam that where Robson has a massive advantage is defensively. Api is a much craftier dummy half but I think that craftiness tends to not always translate in origin just like the ball playing lock doesn’t have the same effect in origin but defence is the one thing that definitely carries over. I think you also have to remember NSW went into game 1 without a utility so the dummy half needed to play 80 which Rosbon does every week whereas Api doesn’t always play 80 minutes at club level so big ask to expect him to do so at origin level

Rod

Bench
Think the truth around the Edwards/Tedesco debate is somewhere in the middle of what both sides are saying. I know Edwards got MOTM but he didn't do a lot in the first half and isn't really a threat in the opposition 20. His workrate is insane but. I think he's probably around a 10% improvement on Tedesco.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks like Spoon’s back on the menu boys
Bird Middle Finger GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Woody90

Juniors
Hopefully DCE last game, was a plodder all night, need a change next year!

Can’t believe more people aren’t talking about this. For all the discussion re Moses and Luai, DCE was the worst half on the field by a country mile.

Both teams attack was terrible. Zero shape and too lateral. The difference was though at least the NSW halves offered a bit of a running game and were able to take advantage of QLD being exhausted from all the early defence in the final 25 and get some tries through missed tackles.

84 Baby

Referee
He's totally the kind of prick that would only mouth off at you if he was standing behind his mates, then if you came at him he'd laugh and go "What's the matter bro, you triggered!?"

Needs to be flattened
That doesn’t sound like DCE at all.

“What aggrievance are you bring forth, sir? Is it mayhaps it has brought to mind memories of times when you were similarly persecuted?”