What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

number of season ticket holders for NRL teams

knights 2004

Juniors
does anyone know these?

interesting to note that Leeds have gone past 10,000 season ticket holders for 2005.

i dont think any NRL club has that many members (if a member is what a season ticket holder is)

be interesting to see how many members each club has

After last season i reckon the Bulldogs would surely have the most for this upcoming season. I would Imagine that every club would at least have on average between 3000-4000 on there books.

innsaneink

Referee
Im a football club (not leagues club ) member but not a season ticket holder.

Aren't these one and the same thing in Arsie rules?

t-ba

Post Whore
Aren't these one and the same thing in Arsie rules?

Yep, full blown membership is a season ticket. Their are cheaper options for those who want to vote but not attend and those who wish to financially support the team (A club like Footscray gets alot of 'sympathy' membership).

Congrats to Leeds. Hopefully United can stay down and the Tykes can die so The Rhinos can afford to renovate headingley.

choc_soldier

Coach
I think Penrith was up around 3000-odd last year, and it was a jump of about 40% from the previous year (for obvious reasons).

Be interesting to see how many we get this year.

belindarae

Juniors
Apparently the Cowboys have mad a massive increase in members this year. I read in the paper that there are so many season ticket requests that they are going to need to run ballotts (not sure if that was for new season ticket requests or for one off tickets at each game).

They have a history of that kinda thing in North Queensland, for many years the NBL side had something like 90% capacity was season tickets (about 5000).

Copa

Bench
I've just bought season tickets for the Raiders. Stupid cheap also. $130 for inner bowl seats... yes the inner bowl includes great seats near the halfway line. Also allows me to buy $8 tickets to away games.

So cheap..

RICHO

Juniors
Clubs with home grounds like Canberra can afford to offer tickets that cheap though. The Roosters are in the same boat, and I guess the Broncos are aswell.

40,000 capacity gives you that luxury. The Sharks and Dragons, for example, charge a great deal more, as they have limited seat numbers.

leaguerules

Juniors
i would of liked to get doggy membership me and the family of 6 use to for 3 years when we first move to stadium australia. but i started play rugby league on sundays and the doggies majority of games are on sunday.

BUt i must be honest ihavnt seen the current membership packages but even if iwas free on sundays i dont think id buy memberships 1 due to being student studying and trying to keep the car on the road as well as working but also the doggies are playing the games all over the place(how many games are they playing at olympic park this yearand have their season packages cost less cause of decrease in games at olympic park) i think this may stop alot of doggy fans getting membership. Also i hate the showground i dont mind stadium australia.

i think for alot of rugby league supporters getting a full season esp families who have kids playing sunday sport membership even though its only 13 weeks its a big committent to attend every game to get money worth.

JK

leaguerules said:
i would of liked to get doggy membership me and the family of 6 use to for 3 years when we first move to stadium australia. but i started play rugby league on sundays and the doggies majority of games are on sunday.

The Dogs have 11, 8, 4 or 1 game packages - perfect for you!

GA and Reserved seating options available.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/SupportersClub.asp

KFC

Juniors
It wouldn't suprise me if the Cowboys have the argest numjber of season ticket holders. Let's face it they've supported that team for years without success I can only imagine how many people will want in now they're competitive.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Last i heard the Cowboys were up over 5,000 season ticket holders for 2005. That's apparently over double what they had for 2004.

ps: yes, i am included in those figures :p. Haven't missed a home game at Dairy Farmers Stadium yet ).

SaintTPP

First Grade
The Dragons have about 5000 so far and are aiming for 10, 000. I don't think they have counted any new members yet so far, so the number should rise late January.

Copa

Bench
thickos said:
Pretty sure the Raiders have about 4000. 2004 saw a 40% increase from 2003.

40%! That's alright. This year is my first as a season ticket holder. Lifestyle considerations meant I couldn't plan ahead before.

The raiders sent me a brochure asking me to buy a season ticket so I did because this year I can plan ahead (actually bought 2..one for the rl loving gf also)..... if they didn't send me the brochure I would not have bought a season ticket and would have just turned up on game days to buy a ticket... now I'm getting a season ticket I will want to watch every home game live to get my money's worth.

Heres hoping this year is an increase on last year.

Timbo

Staff member
Copa said:
thickos said:
Pretty sure the Raiders have about 4000. 2004 saw a 40% increase from 2003.

40%! That's alright. This year is my first as a season ticket holder. Lifestyle considerations meant I couldn't plan ahead before.

The raiders sent me a brochure asking me to buy a season ticket so I did because this year I can plan ahead (actually bought 2..one for the rl loving gf also)..... if they didn't send me the brochure I would not have bought a season ticket and would have just turned up on game days to buy a ticket... now I'm getting a season ticket I will want to watch every home game live to get my money's worth.

Heres hoping this year is an increase on last year.

I moved back to Sydney this year so I didn't renew my season pass for the Raiders.

But they had a membership drive trying to get people to renew rheir tickets. I got a phonecall from none other than Lincoln Withers asking me to renew :D I still didn't though.

KFC said:
It wouldn't suprise me if the Cowboys have the argest numjber of season ticket holders. Let's face it they've supported that team for years without success I can only imagine how many people will want in now they're competitive.

what else is there to do in north queensland - look at crocodiles / cane fields and cane toads - a day at the football has to better than that.

nqboy

First Grade
Generalissimo Stalin said:
what else is there to do in north queensland - look at crocodiles / cane fields and cane toads - a day at the football has to better than that.
Okay, I'll bite - f**k OFF TROLL!