What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nutbag Rednecks!

Stranger

Coach
Mason takes aim at Maroons supporters
By Steve Jancetic
AAP

NSW backrower Willie Mason is preparing for the biggest game of his life, and ensured he'd have a reception to match after labelling Queensland fans "nutbag rednecks".
Claiming he'd be disappointed if he didn't get booed running onto a packed Suncorp Stadium for Origin II, Mason unleashed on the Maroons fans who have made him public enemy No.1 in recent interstate series.
Not that he would have it any other way.
"It has the making of being one of the hardest, toughest Origins for years," Mason said.
"They have their backs to the wall and they got bagged, they've said that they weren't intense enough, former players are going to come out of the woodwork and say that they were soft.
"They're just going to be pumped to the max, they're going to have 65,000 (sic) nutbag redneck Queenslanders supporting them and going mad and hating us, they're just going to have everything going for them.
"We've just got 17 Blues players going up there - we're going to be out there having a dig ... it's going to be a great game, I can't wait."
Told his comments were likely to anger those north of the border and that he could expect a warm reception, Mason said:
"If I don't get booed it's a joke."
Much of Mason's excitment ahead of the clash stems from the possibility of NSW wrapping up the series on enemy soil.
Mason was injured the last time NSW clinched a series in Brisbane in 2005, and he is desperate not to miss out on another opportunity.
"It's the biggest Origin game I've played in," he said.
"I came in on the back of 2003 and 04, we won the series but you just sort of take it for granted.
"Not being part of 2005 and then getting beat 06, 07 and now to have the opportunity to go up there and win the series would be a real defining moment in my career."
But the odds are stacked against NSW recording a series win in Brisbane - 1994 and 2000 the only other occasions the feat has been achieved.

Posted: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:53:44

:lol::lol:

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=51367

Sounds like he is trying to talk himself into the game.

He's been a bit quiet lately, didn't do much in Game 1.

The Big Chin is due to do something apart from talk sh*t and look ugly.

no name

Referee
Thats what the article says

Mason was injured the last time NSW clinched a series in Brisbane in 2005, and he is desperate not to miss out on another opportunity.

But the odds are stacked against NSW recording a series win in Brisbane - 1994 and 2000 the only other occasions the feat has been achieved.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Gallen talked it up before Game 1 and had a blinder, maybe Willie is trying to do the same.
I got news for him though, he doesn't need to go to Suncorp to find peeps to hate him.......LoL

Leagueman

Juniors
Well if the fact that there are so many "Nutbag Rednecks" in QLD stops the blowin Mexicans from the slums of Sydney coming across the border, I say long live the Rednecks. If Willie Mason is an example of what comes out that cess pool of a place, god help us if we can't find way to stop them at the border. Funny how so many want to come up here when they think that NSW is so superior, don't you think.

nqboy

First Grade
"they're going to have 65,000 (sic) nutbag redneck Queenslanders supporting them"

Says it all about Wee Willie's IQ, doesn't it? And yeah, it does sound like he's struggling to talk himself up for the match, though I missed the part where Scrote Gallen played a blinder after employing similar tactics in Game 1.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Saab and NQboy need to go and look at the stats from game 1.

Gallen was top shelf.

17 Hitups - Most for NSW
149 mts - 2nd most mts gained for NSW behind Gasnier.
34 tackles - 2nd most for NSW behind Laffranchi.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont play with stats...they are so misleading its unbelievable. But hey, you keep blowing your load to them

Mr Saab

Referee
Stats on the surface dont tell you a whole lot...you need to watch the game to judge.

Example....

Player makes 55 tackles....wow is what some people will say. But, how many of those resulted in penalites, how many resulted in a quick play the ball from the opposition, how many resulted in the tackler not getting up quicker than the attacking player to get into the marker position.....and thats just for starters

A forward makes 180 yards...wow people say.
Ok...how many of those yards were from kick returns...did the player have quick or slow play the balls...did the player take the hit up on tackle 1-2-3-4?

So many intangibles that really make stats look a whole lot better (or worst) than they really are.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Good points.

Gallen was penalised once in the match, and made 0 kick returns.

I watched the game, he was in the top few players for NSW.

NthKnight

Well if the fact that there are so many "Nutbag Rednecks" in QLD stops the blowin Mexicans from the slums of Sydney coming across the border, I say long live the Rednecks. If Willie Mason is an example of what comes out that cess pool of a place, god help us if we can't find way to stop them at the border. Funny how so many want to come up here when they think that NSW is so superior, don't you think.

I think you are missing the fact that Big Willie only speaks for himself and not for every NSWelshman in Australia.

Its Origin time of course hes gonna s@#t can Qlders, how boring would it be without Willies media covered brain farts

God-King Dean

Immortal
Glad he's talking it up.

Puts him in a position where he has to play well.

He was average at best in game 1.

Latest posts