What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nutri-Grain Cup

M

mud n blood

Anyone see that Tom Learoyd play on tv yesterday ??? I think he should be Tom "Steroid" ....

Ramit54

Juniors
Yes Mud, he is a big lump of a lad. I would hate to pay his food bill.
Let's go Kirwan you can do it. up the mighty Bears.
Cheers Retread

imported_Kaon

Juniors
Here is a spoiler:

Westfields sports high have progressed to the next round by defeating Blacktown on Friday at the Showground. I'm pretty sure this is going to be the game they show next sunday.

M

mud n blood

Can ya tell me who's gunna win the Melbourne Cup this year as well ???

Ramit54

Juniors
The record breaking Kirwan High State rugby league team faces the biggest occasion ofthe year at ANZ Stadium tomorrow when it attempts to end Palm Beach Currumbin State High's supremacy in the Kellog's Nutri- Grain Cup.
Kirwan including an unprecendented 12 Qld reps among them Australian Schoolboys Ashley Alberts, Steven Goodhew, Luke Harlen and Trevor Bowman, will be seeking the first Qld title since 1998 against the State champions of the past two years, in a curtain raiser to the NRL match between Brisbane and Canberra.
It will be a hectic weekend for Kirwan's Ashley Alberts, Derrick Watkins, Brenton Bowen and Simon Phillips, who travel to Brisbane tomorrow morning after playing for the N.Q Young Guns against Newcastle today.
Kirwan High's team
1 Trevor Bowman, 2 Simon Phillips, 3 Ashley Alberts, 4 Brenton Bowen, 5 Joshua Savage, 6 Nathan Marles, 7 John Nash, 8 Adrian Maloney, 9 Steven Goodhew, 10 Luke Harlen, 11 Sam Faust, 12 Derrick Watkins, 13 Phillip Dennis, 14 Justin Tolley, 15 Sam Thaiday, 16 David Luck, 17 Drew Donovan
Cheers Retread

Ramit54

Juniors
Palm Beach Currumbin have defeated Kirwan High 26-6. Palm Beach will now play St.Domincs College in the semi-final.
Cheers Retread

Ramit54

Juniors
Kirwan High coach Grant Bell said his players had few complaints after they were out-classed in yesterdays Nutri-Grain cup Qld final.
Kirwan never really got going and were on the end of a 26-6 mauling at the hand of Palm Beach-Currumbin.
Bell said while his players were disappointed they would not be bring the trophy north, they accepted they had been outplayed by a superior team. Palm Beach led 16-6 at half time and controlled the 2nd half to run out winners and deny Kirwan their dream of a State title.
It's a disappointing finish to our season but we can look back on a year in which we achieved a great deal. Bell expects at least seven of yesterdays squad to back up next year, meaning Kirwan can look forward to another big year of schoolboy rugby league.
We've got a good group of kids coming through and this year's team has alreay laid the foundation for them for next year. If you also take into account what Palm Beach-Currumbin have achieved, it's easy to see that the future looks very good at a statewide level.
Well done Palm Beach, all the best in the finals.
Cheers Retread

L

legend

I think it's a great achievement for the school retread. If they have half the side backing up again next year they will be competetive.

Do the cowbiys have most of these young blokes on scholarships? Surely with a successful scholl in their area, they will start to reap the benefits in the not too distant future. Is the school far from the cowboys home ground, which is also located in Kirwan isn't it?

Ramit54

Juniors
Almost all the players are Cowboy scholarship holders. The Cowboyslook like loosing Trevor Bowman to the Bulldogs. The School is walking distance to Dairy Farmers Stadium.
A few of the boys have had a taste of 1st Division this year.
Ashley Alberts, Derrick Watkins, Brenton Bowen (cousin of Matt) and Simon Phillips played for the Young Guns on Saturday night, then flew to Brisbane on Sunday morning to play for Kirwan. Imo Ashley Alberts will play first grade next year. He is very talented.
Cheers Retread

Retread, where did Kirwan High finish in the schoolboys comp last year? I'd thought Kirwan might have been too strong with all those Qld schoolboy reps in their side but Palm Beach once again proved they are the best school in Qld.

Does any one have the scorers for the game?

Ramit54

Juniors
Matt i'm not sure but i think they got knocked out by Abergowrie College in the local area last year. Or that was the year before an St. Pats Mackay knocked them out. My mind is a blank at the moment.
Sorry i don't have any scorers from the game.
Cheers Retread

Retread, that's ok. I thought the Townsville Bulletin might have had the scorers listed. I wonder ifthe Gold Coast paper has printed them??

Ramit54

Juniors
Qld champions Palm Beach Currumbin will be playing St.Dominics Penrith in the National semi-final of the Nutri-Grain Cupon Friday as a curtain-raiser to the Sharks v Broncos match.
Go the boys from Palm Beach.
Cheers Retread

Palm Beach Currumbin have advanced to the grand final after a 22-6 win over St Dominics last night. They will now face St Gregory's College at the SFS next Saturday.

Let's hope the boys from the Gold Coast school can finally break the duck for Qld.

Latest posts