What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nuts signs with roosters

stevie013

Juniors
Former Cronulla and QLD State of Origin front rower Danny Nutley has signed with the Roosters on a two year contract. The agreement will see Nutley join the foundation club for their 100th season in 2007 and the game’s Centenary in 2008.

Nutley was granted a release from English Super League club Castleford, in order to return to Australia with his wife and young family.

“After re-signing (with Castleford), the enormity of being there for another three years hit home, and after giving the matter a great deal of thought, as a family, we have decided to return home.

“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to join the Roosters for their 100th season in 2007 and excited at the chance to play with a blend of exciting young players and experienced campaigners like Craig Fitzgibbon, Craig Wing, Chris Flannery and Amos Roberts”. Nutley concluded.

The 31 year old front rower will bring an added maturity to the Roosters forward pack and should be a real boost up front along with the Roosters other key signing Nate Myles.

what is going on with this club???? i believe that we released nutley so he could go over to england with his family, and he still had another year left with us i think. correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that no-body wants to be with this club! everyone wants to leave early....this really upsets me, something needs to be done about this club.

jc155776

Coach
Wish him a horrible time there. The Sharks did the right thing by him and he screwed us over. I dont care if its "managements fault" or what not the fact is he took advantage of them, and the club.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
jc155776 said:
Wish him a horrible time there. The Sharks did the right thing by him and he screwed us over. I dont care if its "managements fault" or what not the fact is he took advantage of them, and the club.

bullsh*t. The Sharks did the wrong thing by him and that's why he left.

Inferno

Coach
I don't blame him for leaving. Good signing for the Rooters and I look forward to seeing him rip in, in '07

gavin_miller

Juniors
no matter who is at fault, seeing a bloke like Nuts playing in a Roosters jumper is a farkin disgrace and in all honesty, makes me think less of the bloke...as right or wrong as that may be...

Dommie

Juniors
Didn't the Sharks want him back?? He could have at least given us first option, we did the right thing by him and he slaps us in the face. Hope he runs around in the premier league with the Jets...

squiddy

Juniors
well taht says it all about the situation at the sharks - he was desperate toleave and go to the uk and less than 9 months later he's back with the roosters - what a joke

WAKE UP CRONULLA BEFORE ITS TOOLATE - OR IS IT ??

Go Nulla

Bench
Who cares ..he gives away at least 3 penalties a game with his meat head decisions anyway. He will fit in well with the Rooters.

squiddy

Juniors
Breadman said:
Doesn't seem like contracts mean much to him

Nah I think it just means he wanted out of Cronulla so very badly he did whatever it took

I agree though we dont want him back , 31 yrs old gives away penalties but wouldnt mind his passion

Breadman

Juniors
I was more referring to the fact he has broken two contracts in his last two moves. Anyone know if he got a release from his English club to play with us?

Latest posts