What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NWA Superthread *SPOILERS*

To me, when Billy Corgan lost his legal case to claim TNA, I thought that was it for him. Turns out I was wrong. Corgan ended up buying the NWA from Bruce Tharpe, which still has questions over what he bought (Corgan has the letters and the “Ten Pounds of Gold” AKA the NWA Heavyweight Championship, and the Paul Boesch video library from Houston, Texas wrestling. There is no confirmation on any of the other NWA titles, World or otherwise).

If you love old fashioned wrestling, check out the NWA YouTube channel. Story is important, but the story in the ring is more important. I don’t want to spoil the story, but check out the current champion vs David Starr. That is a proper wrestling match, and I want you to tell me otherwise.

Misanthrope

Staff member
NWA really has fallen a long way since its hey-day, but good on Billy Corgan from putting his money where his mouth is.

It certainly has, particularly when Bruce Tharpe withdrew the titles from TNA at a time they were red hot. But Corgan & Dave Lagana appear to have a plan in place, and I’m interested to see where it goes (though I’m over “cult” leaders in wrestling, which means I’m not particularly invested in the Josephus storyline).

This build to All In has been excellent, and I am really keen to see Aldis vs Rhodes for the title, more so than any title match from any other promotion.

Need to see a top shelf title match. Cody Rhodes (C) vs Willie Mack for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Check it out on YouTube. Rhodes plays the heel in this match, despite it being held in his home promotion of ROH.

So some title changes from the first NWA Power TV tapings (I guess they’re TV tapings, even if it’s online).

The Rock N Roll Express def Thomas Latimer (fka Bram from TNA) and Royce Issacs to win the NWA World Tag Team Titles. This is the RNR Express’ 9th Reign.

Colt Cabana def James Storm to win the NWA National Title.

Latest posts