What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ side to face England (official)

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
As announced on Radio Sport (NZ)

Hohaia
Nightingale
Matai
Ropati
Vatuvei
Marshall
Leuluai
Blair
Fein
Tuimavave
Mannering
Fa'alogo
Smith (c)

Harrison
Kidwell
Luke
Eastwood

So all the squad who hadn't played get a game. I expect something similar from England.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
It's basically a trial match, the result doesn't matter except for national pride. England will rest some players too.

Luke will cut the old poms to bits!

Kearney is an idiot. If he picks Ropati ahead of Inu in the semis there needs to be some questions asked. Inu and Matai are their best centres. Inu is their best goal kicker too. Ropati, while I think he is a good utility, is not their best option in any one position. And as for Leuluai, well the best the Kiwis can hope for is that he gets hurt and they've then go no choice but to get rid.

Good to see all the other guys in the squad getting a run and an opportunity to push their claims for inclusion in the semi.

Kiwis by 10.

cb4

First Grade
well, while u keep looloo in your team, enjoy the embarrassment that you will get served with

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Kearney is an idiot. If he picks Ropati ahead of Inu in the semis there needs to be some questions asked. Inu and Matai are their best centres. Inu is their best goal kicker too. Ropati, while I think he is a good utility, is not their best option in any one position. And as for Leuluai, well the best the Kiwis can hope for is that he gets hurt and they've then go no choice but to get rid.
Why is Kearney an idiot? Not yet anyway, It is clear he is resting player and letting other get some game time.

The way I see those rested are almost guaranteed to retain their jersey.

Have a look at the bench – Kidwell, Harrison, Eastwood – they essentially are playing for one spot on the bench – smart having players competing for spots playing together.

Had to play Ropati along with Matai – to see who will offer more in the Semi. Matai is carrying injury issues – played average so far.

I agree Inu and Matai need to be in the team. Depending on the performance of Three forwards on the bench -–I woulndt mind shifting Sa back to the centres. More go forward and still retain attacking prowess.

Perth Red

Post Whore
In many ways this may be a better game for them resting players. The squad players will be keen to impress and trying alot harder.

Lox

Juniors
kidwell shouldn't be in the kiwis squad at all, he shouldn't have even made it in the prelimanary squad.

ozbash

Referee
well, while u keep looloo in your team, enjoy the embarrassment that you will get served with

at least he's a kiwi.

I would rather lose every game with a team full of New Zealanders than win 1 with an aussie ring-in.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Samoan parents but he was born here .
He has one parent of Samoan-heritage who happens to be a Kiwi League Legend (as everybody surely knows) in James Leuluai and his mum is a kiwi of maori descent.

Pretty sure James Leuluai is born and raised in NZ. Obviously Thomas is , a Papatoetoe High Oldboy – Though he went to Mt Albert Grammar for one year , so im sure they claim him.

Thomas’s little or younger brother played NZ Maori U/18’s last year and Maori Nationals this year, not a bad player.

Come on playdaball – he’s a samoan lol.

If we wants to be a Samoan , Kiwi and Maori at the same time – sweet by us remember we are not australians.

I agree, I would rather Thomas anyday over Fien – both because of his ability and he has the right to play for NZ.

Latest posts