What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nz Squad Announced

Anonymous

Juniors
Benji Marshall has played 3 games for Wests of all teams! Leuluai is simply more relaible at this stage of his career. Pick Benji next year!

Sorry I can't buy this at all. Leuluai and Marshall are in EXACTLY the same boat.

They are exactly the same age and have only had a handful of games each.

We all know what Leuluai can do (not much) and we've all heard about how brilliant Marshall is, so I can't get my head around why we'd pick the equally young, inexperienced, and less talented Leuluai.

salivor

First Grade
Guys incase you didn't notice in the last few weeks Benji Marshall has been wearing a Junior Kangaroos jersey. Theres no way he could step from a Junior Kangaroo jersey to a Kiwis jersey in the space of a few weeks. Looks like we've lost another talented player.

dimitri

First Grade
thats irrelevant

the junior roos side is a residents side

many players like swain, cayless brothers etc were junior kangaroos before they played for the nz team

its irrelevant

mono_mal

Juniors
heres my team.
1. Faafili
2. Meli
3. Vagana
4. Whatuira
5. Toopi
6. Faumina
7. Tony
8. Cayless
9. Betham
10. Wiki
11. Gulavao
12. Puletua
13. Guttenbeil

14. Lauititi
15. Cayless
16. Seu Seu
17. Leulai

bartman

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
We all know what Leuluai can do (not much) and we've all heard about how brilliant Marshall is, so I can't get my head around why we'd pick the equally young, inexperienced, and less talented Leuluai.

I know Wests had big trouble even getting Benji to play more than one game this year because of school commitments and exams. Maybe the junior roo games were scheduled at the best time, and Marshall will be doing his exams when the Kiwi test is on? Maybe Leuluai is no longer at school?

Jason Cayless even ended up playing in a City v Country rep game before being picked for the Kiwis, so all is not lost with Benji. Leuluai may not even get on the bench in the end anyway? They both have a long way to go in the game, and should develop nicely over the next few years.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Utai was probably the Kiwi's worst last time they clashed with Australia, he was scared of the ball. I'd take Leuleui over Marshal purely because Tomas has played some finals and handles the pressure- whilst Benji's only played a handful of games at a mediocre club. Pity Rauhihi didn't make it, he was deadset their best in that last hammering. Here's my squad.

1: Henry Faafili (Warriors)
2: Francis Meli (Warriors)
3: Nigel Vagana (Bulldogs)
4: Clinton Toopi (Warriors)
5: Vinnie Anderson (Warriors)
6: Motu Tony (Warriors)
7: Tomas Leullai (Warriors)
8: Jason Cayless (Roosters)
9: Monty Betham (Warriors)
10: Awen Guttenbiel (Warriors
11: Tony Puletua (Panthers)
12: Ruben Wiki (Raiders) (c)
13: Sione Faumuina (Warriors)

14: Joe Galavao (Penrith)
15: Nathan Cayless (Eels)
16: Ali Lauititi (Warriors)
17: Paul Whatuira (Panthers)

The lack of halves means I had to put Tony and Leullai in there, defensively weak, but the best offensive pair they can manage. I'd rather have had Tony in fullback, as he has experience there. Whatuira was messy on Sunday, whilst the others have all shown their defensive ability and make better run on choices. I went with Wiki in the second row ahead of Galava, as he'll captain the side, and Galavao doesn't last long enough to be a run on player in a rep fixture. His strike ability will be crucial. Went with Lauititi over Seu Seu and Koopu, as he can move the ball, and was firing in his last two appearances.

Chris

Anonymous

Juniors
I know Wests had big trouble even getting Benji to play more than one game this year because of school commitments and exams. Maybe the junior roo games were scheduled at the best time, and Marshall will be doing his exams when the Kiwi test is on? Maybe Leuluai is no longer at school?

I don't think that exams are a great excuse, how relevant is that when the guy is just gonna end up being a professional rugby league player? Marshall and Leuluai played against each other in those Junior Roo/Kiwis games.

Leuluai is an average player with no big raps and Marshall is the next superstar (apparently), it doesn't seem like much of a comparison to me.

Rudolph

Juniors
I'm still not sure why everyone is talking about Marshall playing for the Kiwi's he's more likely to play for Australia. Most players would if given the chance.

I can't help but think what the score is going to be like 30, 40 even 60 point trashing. and i really don't like saying that. think i'd rather watch soccer.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm still not sure why everyone is talking about Marshall playing for the Kiwi's he's more likely to play for Australia. Most players would if given the chance.

Yeah but couldn't the selectors at least ask him??? He's 100% Kiwi.

Also, this has to be easily the worst Australian team since the Super League era, so we shouldn't expect a big thrashing again.

Rudolph

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:

Yeah but couldn't the selectors at least ask him??? He's 100% Kiwi.

Also, this has to be easily the worst Australian team since the Super League era, so we shouldn't expect a big thrashing again.

Even tho the Aussie team is worst it's been for a while their still gonna thrash us. It'll be over in the first 20 mins.

I hoped Anderson would have asked Henry Paul to play as least we'd have someone with a kicking game and someone who could play fullback.