What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T.Insurance Company ripoff

Drewbrees

Juniors
Hi guys, I would appreciate it if anyone out there with insurance/legal background could help out.
My wife recently backed into a brick wall at a local service station, partially damaging the wall.Management was advised etc and I went back in on 3 occasions to find out what was happening re insurance because her car only had a green slip. No response from them. Then 2 months later a new wall appears overnight then we recieve a bill from the insurance company for $11,000. I had a verbal quote from a local brickie for approx $1500. Apparently they only use one particlar company to do all
.their work from out of town. They have charged me for 2 men for 59hours each at $75 per hour for around 8hours actual work! The wall is 8m long by 1m high made from concrete blocks and it's not a reinforced wall or structural. Stressed to the max.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hi guys, I would appreciate it if anyone out there with insurance/legal background could help out.
My wife recently backed into a brick wall at a local service station, partially damaging the wall.Management was advised etc and I went back in on 3 occasions to find out what was happening re insurance because her car only had a green slip. No response from them. Then 2 months later a new wall appears overnight then we recieve a bill from the insurance company for $11,000. I had a verbal quote from a local brickie for approx $1500. Apparently they only use one particlar company to do all
.their work from out of town. They have charged me for 2 men for 59hours each at $75 per hour for around 8hours actual work! The wall is 8m long by 1m high made from concrete blocks and it's not a reinforced wall or structural. Stressed to the max.

Sorry to hear about your incident, DB's.

As a builder who does a fair bit of commercial work, l suggest the reason the company has acted as it has may be because many 'national' companies operate with set policies in place.

IE: If there is any damage to one of thier properties, they already have a plan in place, a building company to perform any repairs, to their specification / standard. It all comes under their Workplace Method Statement, which forms part of their Business Plan.

When the company signs up to an insurance company, they present their plan and are priced accordingly.
Complex but thorough.

It doesn't help you and you may need to seek some legal advice.
It may be a simple solution / process............. or not.

I hope for your sake, it is.

merahputih

Juniors
Sounds awful Drewbrees! Maybe Consumer Affairs?

Old Timer

Coach
I take it only 3rd party property on the car?
Did you perchance take a photo of the car or the wall?

hewi

Bench
Did you get a written quote for the wall repair or can you get them to do you one? If so I would send that and a cheque to the insurance company for that amount and say if you don’t agree return it within seven days and I’ll see you in court.

Latest posts