What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

o/t melbourne cup

STG 002

First Grade
Americain - small consolation for anyone in support of the red white and blue colours.
I'll take the NRL Premiership thanks very much.

bmwpower

Juniors
i put 20 on trifecta with 24 percent return. gave me back 60 dollars. the trifecta was @ 267. very very low.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bookies can't be happy. Three short priced horses in the trifecta.

Finishing order. Apparently Descarado broke down.

1st AMERICAIN
2nd MALUCKYDAY
3rd SO YOU THINK
4th ZIPPING
5th HARRIS TWEED
6th HOLBERG
7th MANIGHAR
8th PRECEDENCE
9th ILLUSTRIOUS BLUE
10th MR MEDICI
11th ONCE WERE WILD
12th TOKAI TRICK
13th SHOOT OUT
14th MONACO CONSUL
15th MASTER O’REILLY
16th CAMPANOLOGIST
17th PROFOUND BEAUTY
18th SHOCKING
19th RED RULER
20th BUCCELLATI
21st LINTON
22nd ZAVITE
FF 11 DESCARADO
Src 18 BAUER

AJ_82

Juniors
i put 20 on trifecta with 24 percent return. gave me back 60 dollars. the trifecta was @ 267. very very low.

Thats what happens when the 3 favourites (ex Descarado) get up ... just be thankful SYT didnt win, otherwise it probably would have paid something more like $150 or shorter!

bmwpower

Juniors
d
Thats what happens when the 3 favourites (ex Descarado) get up ... just be thankful SYT didnt win, otherwise it probably would have paid something more like $150 or shorter!

i would of rathered SYT to win, and say i witnessed one of, if not best horse in australian racing, and he is technically still 3 years old for another week. i hope he can win a treble of cox plates and try the melbourne cup again next year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
so... went and picked me three horses on monday afternoon..

americain
maluckyday
so you think

put some money each way on them all...

but forgot to throw even a lazy dollar or two on a trifecta with those three horses...

forehead-slap.jpg

so... went and picked me three horses on monday afternoon..

americain
maluckyday
so you think

put some money each way on them all...

but forgot to throw even a lazy dollar or two on a trifecta with those three horses...

forehead-slap.jpg

Unlucky pal I had 100 on Muluckyday damm
Had 100 on trim 2nd
Lost about 3hun on the day so things could be worst haha
On the up side my wife put a wopping 4bucks on Americain haha happy days..:sarcasm:

to_ddeath

Coach
Arnold will NEVER win a Melbourne Cup. Failed to follow Barts instructions & paid dearly for it.
Having said that though, SYT didn't go up that extra gear when required either. I'm not dissapointe
about losing money on him, just sad to see a champ getting beat that's all.
Winner in the end too good for them, flattered by the favourite dropping out earlier than it should
have though.
Maluckyday is a champion stayer in the making & i'll be jumping on him next year. What an effort
for a horse in its 9th start...

T.

bmwpower

Juniors
so you think has been sold to irish stud and will race in england next year. looks like we wont see him become a legend

saint-colesy

Juniors
I go the trifecta. Put $5 on it and boxed So You Think, Americain and Maluckyday. Had $10 on Americain on the nose as well.

Won three other races during the day too, Parablores, Macadonian and Jersey Lilly.

Totalled about $600 worth of winnings for a $470 profit for the day.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
saint-colesy - got it as well... although Melbourne Cup is the only day where I outlay heaps as I have no idea... boxed 6 and doubled it... so was a big outlay but a good return as well. I have a superstition not to share my tips but my boss bugged me and did the same thing and hit the trifecta as well - so I am expecting something from him in the future -_o I was with quite a few people who won the trifecta as they followed Macquarie Bank's quant analysis recommendation this year... and the 3 horses were in the 6 to box (not that I followed it).

Latest posts