What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Who Was A Better Obi-Wan?

• Sir Alec Guiness

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Ewan McGregor

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters

shiznit

Coach
I'm still confused as to how badly wounded Reva gets off a now deserted planet and gets to Tatooine whilst Obi Wan is still in orbit on the transport.

I also don't believe that Darth Vader leaves a trained force user who is out to get him alive. He's killed for much less.

If they're going to make multiple series of this, I almost feel like the showdown between Obi Wan and Vader should have been left to the final series with some build up. But also, I don't feel it was necessary at all.

I would just like some Star Wars that is not connected to the Skywalkers or Tatooine in some way. Is that so much to ask?
From the sounds of things that’s what Taika is looking at doing…

but Taika’s style will be interesting in Star Wars.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Surely they just go 30 or so years past the Sequel trilogy?? Let’s face it they were pretty forgettable and best left forgotten.

I’d love to see a KOTOR movie, I played the game to death it was awesome it shouldn’t be too hard to make a great movie from it.

myrrh ken

First Grade
yeh - it doesn't really gel too well with SW and diminishes darth vader's legacy (especially in SW when he says last time he was a learner, now he is a master). But bested twice now by OWK.

Bazal

Post Whore
Surely they just go 30 or so years past the Sequel trilogy?? Let’s face it they were pretty forgettable and best left forgotten.

I’d love to see a KOTOR movie, I played the game to death it was awesome it shouldn’t be too hard to make a great movie from it.

Look disagreement about OBK aside, the worst thing Disney did is totally scrap the extended universe stuff IMO. And for what, a loose rehash of the original story line with worse characters...

Some of those stories would be great backbones for streaming series. I get that a lot of them rely on the original characters but still. They wouldn't have had to do them play for play, just use the plots and work around them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Look disagreement about OBK aside, the worst thing Disney did is totally scrap the extended universe stuff IMO. And for what, a loose rehash of the original story line with worse characters...

Some of those stories would be great backbones for streaming series. I get that a lot of them rely on the original characters but still. They wouldn't have had to do them play for play, just use the plots and work around them.
Looks like they are doing Thrawn through the Asoka series, hope they do him justice.

Bazal

Post Whore
Looks like they are doing Thrawn through the Asoka series, hope they do him justice.

I think they'll do the character just fine, but the story will probably be lacklustre. Again.

I'd love to see a series with Thrawn, set after the sequel trilogy, using stuff from Outbound Flight and the original Thrawn trilogy to lead into a Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Just something totally different to the whole Empire vs Rebels thing they keep redoing. Anyway.

Apey

Staff member
So I'm watching through all canon Star Wars chronologically at the moment, I've watched the 3 prequels, Clone Wars and Bad Batch S1, and now I'm up to this. I've watched the first two episodes and it's pretty bad. The inquisitors are peak cringe and the writing is some of the worst in the entire series (so far).

But if I made it through the droid episodes of Clone Wars, I can easily make it through this.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
So I'm watching through all canon Star Wars chronologically at the moment, I've watched the 3 prequels, Clone Wars and Bad Batch S1, and now I'm up to this. I've watched the first two episodes and it's pretty bad. The inquisitors are peak cringe and the writing is some of the worst in the entire series (so far).

But if I made it through the droid episodes of Clone Wars, I can easily make it through this.
Some cool shit happens that does make it worth watching but don't expect too much

Matua

Bench

If you watched the prequels then you should be enjoying this, it's much better than that garbage.

I don't mind Andor but gee it's slow. Hopefully it picks up the pace a bit.
I like it and like the pace. It's not kiddy targeted like the other shows (which I don't have a problem with). It feels more like an adult show, like an HBO, AMC, F/X style, that builds rather than the current Disney model of fast paced short episode shows.

bileduct

Coach
I don't mind Andor but gee it's slow. Hopefully it picks up the pace a bit.

I'm enjoying Andor so far. No Tatooine, no Jedi, no stupid Mandalorians, bad guys that you can take seriously, not aimed at kids... Of course I am not fully up to date and some of that may change, but it's been good so far.

Munky

Coach
Andor makes a single TIE Fighter fly by seem terrifying.

Hopefully we'll see some crack imperial storm troopers for the first time in the series.

Apey

Staff member
I finished Obi Wan Kenobi. It had some good moments but overall it was disappointing and hard not to ignore awful writing. I was never a fan of the idea of Obi Wan and Darth Vader meeting when I heard about the show, but a couple of moments in the last episode may have changed my mind. It was done pretty poorly, though. I actually think it had the opposite problem to the prequels - the acting and the dialogue was good, the plot was not.

Onto Rebels next and by the time I've finished that, Andor S1 should be completely released.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Meh you are kicked out.

Bunch of Paul Kent's ragging on league.

Write your own story.

I would love super prequels, how the Jedi came to be. Before Yoda...

Before the first Sith.

Get writing you soft arse critical caaaaarnts.

You just snipe.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Meh you are kicked out.

Bunch of Paul Kent's ragging on league.

Write your own story.

I would love super prequels, how the Jedi came to be. Before Yodi...

Before the first Sith.

Get writing you soft arse critical caaaaarnts.

You just snipe.
He makes a lot of good points here @Apey

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ftr my heart 💓 felt for Obi when he remembered being unable to help to younglins. He is a great role model for all men.

As far as fictional characters go, I would be proud to be Obi-Wan.