What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obscene strapping

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm trying to work out how to fold a merkin in half.
Is it like merkin origami or something?

WeeklyWillingEasteuropeanshepherd-max-1mb.gif

This Year?

Immortal
Just imagine LU strapping.
Mine would be:
shitpost
media troll
gameday threads
typos

Already thought of many others that other people will type.
Strapping memes could become a thing.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Does anyone know if he folded anyone in half in that game? Or just false advertising?
It's Kane Evans. Naturally it's false advertising given when he is selected in a starting 17 he plays like a powder puff despite his size.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Surely this is just a storm in a teacup? No doubt the desperate house husbands of News Ltd will be clucking about this on NRL 360 making it out to be something more than what it was. Profanity has been part of sports since Christ was in kindergarten. If we are going to fine Kane Evans for this then where do we draw the line? If a player gets picked up swearing on one of the side-line mic's does that mean he gets fined?
Nah, you can't go around writing merkin on your strapping. It's not the end of the world, but nor should it be condoned. Which is why he's been fined, not suspended.

I find it absolutely hilarious that he's written 'fold some merkin' on his arm, somewhat for how dumb that is but also as 18th man, I think I read that 4 people need to be ruled out with HIAs for him to even get an attempt at folding some merkins. And if you talk to Parra fans, he hasn't knocked a slight crease into anyone for years, let alone folded them.

roofromoz

First Grade
I wonder if he was referring to a particular PENRITH player. If it was the number 7, provided it was nothing more than a season ending injury, how many Panthers fans would have objected?