What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observation 3

Frenzy.

Immortal
There would be wilder suggestions than to say the sooking and carry on over the last month could have been on the back of the team's chagrin at the snubbing of their big mate. Footballers can be very loyal to their mates. Everyone lifted when he came on. Across the park. As I said in the game thread he should have been left on unless he was totally unable to continue.

He was not the best player on the field for us as far as performance but what he brought outside of footy skills was obvious.

Feefs showed me today he IS the spiritual leader of this rabble. Has to stay in the side. Preferably starting eventually

Morris needs a flogging for what this decision has done to the team. Akin to sabotage

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Spoke to him 1 time in preseason. Are you kidding me?

No wonder the players wanted him to end his tenure straight away.

So their poor form isn’t a defence of him being shown the door, instead it’s a result of Fitz not wanting them.

A shambles that sits with bomber himself. How about that Danny?

shadowboxer

First Grade
Morris was probally taking the tough line image that back fired big time.
Live and learn.
Dead set the bench last night was like a lottery - the coach hopefully learnt something from it

Morris was probally taking the tough line image that back fired big time.
Live and learn.
Dead set the bench last night was like a lottery - the coach hopefully learnt something from it
The bench was thrown out because of the injury to SJ. They had a special mission for Moyza but then he had to go play a traditional role.

There would be wilder suggestions than to say the sooking and carry on over the last month could have been on the back of the team's chagrin at the snubbing of their big mate. Footballers can be very loyal to their mates. Everyone lifted when he came on. Across the park. As I said in the game thread he should have been left on unless he was totally unable to continue.

He was not the best player on the field for us as far as performance but what he brought outside of footy skills was obvious.

Feefs showed me today he IS the spiritual leader of this rabble. Has to stay in the side. Preferably starting eventually

Morris needs a flogging for what this decision has done to the team. Akin to sabotage
so which one is it?
Morris is too soft and can't have the tough conversations or Morris is too hard?
like you said last night.
dollar per stat.
love all fifitas.
but he is getting older and has struggled with that knee.
what's your opinion?
where does Andrew fit in based on being one our of our top paid.

you can't have it both ways and call Morris a soft touch and then criticise him when he makes a tough calls.

Craigshark

First Grade
To me none of that matters. Not one iota.

bottom line, any coach that puts Billy in the side ahead of anyone, even a one legged 89 year old, deserves to be sacked

yeah look you might do it for one or two weeks to give him an opportunity and see what he’s got.. surely the coaches should have seen enough after that not to allow him a further 7 weeks..

yeah look you might do it for one or two weeks to give him an opportunity and see what he’s got.. surely the coaches should have seen enough after that not to allow him a further 7 weeks..
Billy was so on the nose last year Bomber looked like he was ignoring the fact the guy existed. Then 2021 wtf

shadowboxer

First Grade
Fifita or Billy, Billy or Fifita, tango, cash....why Morris backflipped on both of them is head scratching.
Maybe Billy bought Morris a nicer Christmas present than the other bloke or dead set was in his ear to push his own agenda.
Just one of many mystifying things ending up with Morris gone

SKIBUR

Juniors
<snip>
Could be the case?

Except the team didn't seem to have any "sooking" going on while Morris was in charge?

Leaving Fifs out was a big call though, especially given the effort he put in over the off-season to lose the weight.

bluefox68

Staff member
I think the dropping Fifita, not answering Chambers, promoting Magoo...

...point to Morris being just plain not ready for NRL head coaching...

carinashark

First Grade
Come on Fifita wasn’t ready , slow in reading the attack, lacking lateral movement, giving away penalties and that was before ‘set restarts’ . He was’nt fit and he knew it. Now he is fit he is average at best. The game is faster, much faster. I don’t want to see him embarrassed, I have great memories of the game breaker he was. If we loose Toby we will have no mongrel at all.

Frenzy.

Immortal
so which one is it?
Morris is too soft and can't have the tough conversations or Morris is too hard?

Didn't mention either.

like you said last night.
dollar per stat.
love all fifitas.
but he is getting older and has struggled with that knee.

Yes, he has.

what's your opinion?

That Fifita still brings to the team. He is idolised by the players. He is one of those guys whose presence alone makes the others grow the extra knee to make up for his

where does Andrew fit in based on being one our of our top paid.

He was paid when he was at his peak. He's no longer there on field. You know full well though not all value is based on 100 metre tries, massive hits, bells and whistles. Some excel at the intangibles. Their influence, their experience, their demeanour around the team, their extra work off the field, their honesty, their inspiration. Can't do anything much about him being paid now what he was offered before he was hobbled. So he fits in by being part of the team and doing as best he can for a short period. He'll get way better than what was shown vs Souths on field.

you can't have it both ways and call Morris a soft touch and then criticise him when he makes a tough calls.

Well, I can, but I didn't say any of that. I made comment on the decision he made to leave Fifita out. It's probably bullying. Telling him he should retire and then throwing him out with the bathwater and then not even talking to him because he probably hasn't got the skills to talk to the man and make his point.

He's neither hard nor soft in this. He's just a shit cutie

myrrh ken

First Grade
Come on Fifita wasn’t ready , slow in reading the attack, lacking lateral movement, giving away penalties and that was before ‘set restarts’ . He was’nt fit and he knew it. Now he is fit he is average at best. The game is faster, much faster. I don’t want to see him embarrassed, I have great memories of the game breaker he was. If we loose Toby we will have no mongrel at all.

Maybe 1 or 2 weeks might've given him a rev up. But 6 weeks or whatever it was while we were struggling suggests his cards were marked

Tiger Shark

Bench

It's not just what he does, it's what he brings out of the others too. Clearly he brings energy and motivation to the team.

And you can't honestly think Billy "Newtown jets immortal" is adding more than what Fifita would.

Or instead of Billy who was going to be swapped for McInnes before his ACL injury give the game time to someone else.

Morris messed that one up. The more glaring thing I took from that article was mention of him not speaking to Fifita all off season. I'm sure he took some liberties when he said that but suggests Morris communication skills were lacking.

Latest posts