What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

odds for eels to miss the eight

natheel

Coach
imo dragons should be sh*tting themselves with the possibility of playing parra 2 games in a row especially coming off two losses and eels on the back of 7 wins now.

it will be a cracker of a game next week!!! game of the year i rekon.....and my prediction parra will come 7th and if dogs beat tigers next week will have to play dragons week 1 of the finals

bartman

Immortal
If you want odds on the Eels missing the 8, you;d better be quick. A Titans win against the Tigers will seal our place...

mattyg

Bench
sh*ttt i hope we beat tigers and parra beat dragons in rd 26...would be good...dragons will get 2nd place and come back in to form semis week 1 and will sort our the eels for everyone while the dogs will get a free pass to week 3 against someone who scraped into the 8...plz don't quote me on this though.

Gaba

First Grade
imo dragons should be sh*tting themselves with the possibility of playing parra 2 games in a row especially coming off two losses and eels on the back of 7 wins now.

the eels will find it harder against the dragons, the eels havent really played any teams with good defence or good attack

Eels being playing near thier best for 7 or 8 weeks now , i think they will find it hard to lift another gear , which they have to for next week and finals ,

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
the eels will find it harder against the dragons, the eels havent really played any teams with good defence or good attack

Both of which the Stains are struggling with themselves right now. They'll beat the Rabbits this week but that'll only mask over the problem that they're have real troubles scoring and won't find it any easier to do so against the Eels. Not to mention finding a way of keeping the Eels from scoring as well.

Gaba

First Grade
Lets say if the eels played the raiders and broncos as the dragons did,

I dont think the eels would have kept canberra to 24 points or the broncos to 12 points

or the margins 12 or 10 points

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench

I dont think the eels would have kept canberra to 24 points or the broncos to 12 points

No, lets not say that because they didn't play the raiders and the Bronco's in the last 2 weeks. Instead or working on guesses and assumptions lets go by facts fact. The dragons played the Raiders and the Bronco's and scored only 2 tries in those games. If that's not bad enough those two sides are -67 and -35 in their for and against yet they could still only manage 2 tries against rabble defence like that.

I'd be more concerned about how your own team is playing than the Eels. That said i can understand why you're so worried about playing them which you obviously are given how well they're playing.

Binga

Juniors

:lol::lol: Considering in the past 7 matches the eels are averaging 8 points scored against them, do you wish to change this quote?

flip

Juniors
Eels will be very hard to beat, simple as that. They will make the 8 for sure.

Gaba

First Grade
:lol::lol: Considering in the past 7 matches the eels are averaging 8 points scored against them, do you wish to change this quote?
you look who they played no i dont

panthers
tigers
sharks
warriors
knights
storm

bulldogs

Last edited:

jimmyo

Juniors
The Eels would have toasted the Raiders - Eels vs Broncos would be an interesting game - both have come into great form at the right time. The Dragons are gonna have to lift if they want to match Parra's intensity - they aren't anywhere near it based on recent form. Will Bennet be able to get them to click like he used to with Brisbane?

Gaba

First Grade
even with the teams the eels played they are ave for 20
against 19 that after 23 games

dragons ave for 23
against 13 after 22 games

big difference in defence to the teams the eels been playing over the last 5 weeks

Last edited:

jimmyo

Juniors
even with the teams the eels played they are ave for 20
against 19 that after 23 games

dragons ave for 23
against 13 after 22 games

big difference in defence to the teams the eels been playing over the last 5 weeks

This is irrelevant gibberish. You quote stats for 23 games for the Eels and 22 games for St George and then make a statement about the last 5 weeks :crazy:

Binga

Juniors
you look who they played no i dont

panthers
tigers
sharks
warriors
knights
storm

bulldogs

Panthers - Been in the top 8 all year
Tigers - One of the form teams won 7 straight before the eels
Knights - Top 8 team
Storm - Top 4 Team
Bulldogs - Top 2 Team, possible number 1

so whats your point??

Loudstrat

Coach

Melbourne and Canterbury?

Penrith had crap defence but good attack. Wests attack is first class. Melboring's run has been built on defence - and the Eels, from memory, beat them at full strength. I reckon we'll nail Saints on form.

Still gotta get past Manly and the Titans. I reckon we'd beat them as well, but who knows?

MrT

Juniors

Eels being playing near thier best for 7 or 8 weeks now , i think they will find it hard to lift another gear , which they have to for next week and finals ,

Lift another gear? what planet are you on? I haven't seen another team in the same gear for last 7 weeks

Haven't played anyone?

Current top 4
1. Dragons - playing them on Friday
2. Dogs - Beat them 27-8
3.Titans - lost 16-10 at Gold Coast, blew that game
4. Melb - beat them 18-16

So i wouldn't say we haven't played anyone, and last 2 weeks we have played teams above us in the top 8.

We have played mostly top 8 teams in this run, so please think before you write

Gaba

First Grade
the dogs , the team in the top 4 the eels would perfer to play the dogs defence is the weakest out of the top 4 sides

titans won 18-12 , 50/50 game

i wil lgo on further the knights were out of form when the eels beat them, the smith drama

the the eels beat the tigers who defence is thier weakness, the tigers stats showed they out played the eels despite the eels having 53% to 47%

the tigers made more meters , more line breaks
goal kicking and defence let the tigers down , eels were good enough to win the tigers werent good enough

the eels played the depeleted sharks. out of form warriors and panthers

Like i said those 5 games including the worst attacking teams in the sharks and warriors , plus poor defence makes the eels form better then it actuallly is

im not saying the eels dont deserved ot be in the 8, but they will be in shock when they come against a team with good defence

Last edited:

Latest posts