What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ofahengaue

Mjab

Juniors
Lawrie should get better as he approaches the prop maturity age; I like his commitment.

However, the stats don't tell the story that explains why we are soft in the middle. Lawrie simply does not hit hard most of the time.
Needs to watch how that parra 13 brown plays

Gareth67

First Grade
I doubt very much that Griffin will keep hold of Millward. Maybe he will go and run the Illwarra Rugby Leagues Club. Andrew will pay his salary and any losses he incurs.

You want to hope that is not the case possum old chum .

Who will you be writing your ‘ Dear Del ‘ letters to should that ever eventuate ? :chipmunk:

Last edited:

not_all_there

Juniors
Actually I was being facetious - I think they are all good second graders but someone on the forum stood up for Lawrie - I checked his stats on NRL and they are not too bad
He’s growing on me. Runs super hard actually but yeah defence coukd be better. Needs more of a Georgie Rose physique

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes brown gets up holding his neck for a crusher tackle.
Faking a injury when he is perfectly.ok

I realize that faking an injury in rugby league is a cardinal sin , however if it is against the Storm I say the more the merrier !

A bit off a payback for their ( and perhaps more so Mr. Bellamy’s ) underhanded tactics that they have employed over the years .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So true Gareth67, and if anyone has no right to complain about dirty tactics it is them.

If Saints get Ofe and Maguire, that is 2 pretty solid signings for the forwards. And if JDB gets off happy days. Vaughn, Tariq, JDB, Ofe and Maguire. That is a state of Origin pack right there. wow.

Only hold up now is Norman, they need to remove him somehow. He only has a year to go which is one positive. Hopefully Hook can get him playing to his best.

What pleased me about hook is in his first interview on 360 he mentioned the quality in halves coming through and mentioned Sullivan and Tristian so looks like he will be bringing them up sooner rather than later. I don't think Norman will be afforded the luxury he has now to not pull his weight and get picked.

possm

Coach
He’s growing on me. Runs super hard actually but yeah defence coukd be better. Needs more of a Georgie Rose physique
Griffin, Henry and Brennan will ensure our soft underbelly will be toughened up. Leilua would have thrived under this coaching staff. AFB at 850k is far too expensive but if we could off-load Norman there would be enough their to pay for him, especially if Manly come to the party with a few 100k.

Phantom V

Juniors
So true Gareth67, and if anyone has no right to complain about dirty tactics it is them.

If Saints get Ofe and Maguire, that is 2 pretty solid signings for the forwards. And if JDB gets off happy days. Vaughn, Tariq, JDB, Ofe and Maguire. That is a state of Origin pack right there. wow.

Only hold up now is Norman, they need to remove him somehow. He only has a year to go which is one positive. Hopefully Hook can get him playing to his best.

What pleased me about hook is in his first interview on 360 he mentioned the quality in halves coming through and mentioned Sullivan and Tristian so looks like he will be bringing them up sooner rather than later. I don't think Norman will be afforded the luxury he has now to not pull his weight and get picked.
Spot on Slippery. What a boost if we can pick up Ofe and McGuire. The fact we’re talking about these players as potential signings is a ringing endorsement for bringing Hook to our club. Fingers crossed boys.

Gareth67

First Grade

Your correct Slippery Morris , Norman’s days of automatic selection are over . As you have said , he either performs or he will be replaced and his chances of returning to the top grade would have to be very slim indeed .

jak

Bench
Your correct Slippery Morris , Norman’s days of automatic selection are over . As you have said , he either performs or he will be replaced and his chances of returning to the top grade would have to be very slim indeed .
i feel if we dont get rid of norman we will lose young sailor now that his university studies are over , there would be no reason to stay in the area.

Dragons4me

Juniors
i feel if we dont get rid of norman we will lose young sailor now that his university studies are over , there would be no reason to stay in the area.

I'm sure this was the reason why his last contract was for 12 months. I'd love him at 5/8. Unfortunately though I think he's going.

possm

Coach
I'd say Sailor is gone and because of his poor defence and wayward long passes, he will not be selected at NRL level before end of season.

Latest posts