What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off contract players

That Guy

Juniors
G'Day Fellas,

I was just wondering if you could let me know if these players have re-signed with the club or have gone eleswhere for season 2004.

Balin CUPPLES
Frank SAMIA
Darren SENTER
Nick BRADLEY-QALILAWA
Luke ISAKKA
John WILSON

Also, what are likely to be the top 13 for your 2 premier league sides next year?

Cheers,
T.G

brook

First Grade
Balin and Luke appear to have gone elsewhere :( :( as has Nick

Dazza, samia, and wilson are still contracted.

Based on the players trialing (only taking into account those I know) I would have my top 17 of

1. Frank Samia
2. Jamie Nowland
3. Matt Gillard
4. Mark Luland
5. Brett Kelly
6. Benji Marshall/Rob Farah (If those two don't both play first grade) / Daniel Harris (If they Do)
7. Benji/Robbie (again) / Keiron Herring / John Nash
8. Jaime Small
9. Leigh Bowman (c)
10. Mick Harper
11. Jeff Lima
12. Chris Heighnington
13. Bronson Harrison

14. Luke Waihape
15. Luke Thompson
16. Gary White
17. Joel Attenborough

Of course that is just my team and there are a lot of new signings I don't know and therefore didn't consider - plus whoever the wests tigers give us.

I am also notoriously biased in favour of our younger players :)

Tigerpete

Juniors
Thats defenetly a very young side there but it still looks alright......and when we add our WT players the side should be good. hopefully we go that step further in 2004.

brook

First Grade
yeah the only problem I have with my side is that it raids the flegg so much that we'd probably end up bombing out big time in that comp :lol:

I do think though that all of the young players I listed have proven themselves able to handle a higher level of footy than flegg - thomo, bronson, robbie, nowland and harper through last years premier league and waihape and nashy in ryde-eastwood.

I left out Greally because I honestly think he showed last year that he isn't ready for premiers - He is super talented and will go a long way but I think he needs more time

Slugs

Tigerpete said:
Thats defenetly a very young side there but it still looks alright......and when we add our WT players the side should be good. hopefully we go that step further in 2004.

No matter what side you field I am sure you will look forward to two more losses to the Mighty Bunnies :lol: :lol: :lol:

brook

First Grade
Balmain did not lose to the bunnys

wests tigers did

we are discussing balmain

westie

Bench
Slugs said:
Tigerpete said:

No matter what side you field I am sure you will look forward to two more losses to the Mighty Bunnies :lol: :lol: :lol:

*cough* Rnd 1 *cough*

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Slugs said:
Tigerpete said:

Well you just look like a fool as per usual now don't you slugs :roll:

DA

Juniors
Wests Magpies side will be something like:

1 – Luke Duffy
 2 – Luke Covell
 3 – Ken McGuinness
 4 – Justin Miller
 5 – Shane Elford
 6 – Ben Reynolds
 7 – Keiran Kerr
13 – Drew Dalton
12 – Gray Viane
11 – Nigel Plum
10 – Tere Glassie
 9 – Shane Beyers
 8 – Adam Wheeler

14 – Nathan Heffernan
15 – Ian Harpley
16 – Christian Orsini
17 – Richard Parker
18 – Sika Tiaupa
19 – Ray Cashmere
20 – Brett Rimmer
21 – Steve Matthews
22 – David Djukich
23 – Wes Hallam-Mann

There are others like Michael Buettner, Chris Paterson and Robert Mears from Wests Tigers who will appear during the year.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
DA said:

1 – Luke Duffy
 2 – Luke Covell
 3 – Ken McGuinness
 4 – Justin Miller
 5 – Shane Elford
 6 – Ben Reynolds
 7 – Keiran Kerr
13 – Drew Dalton
12 – Gray Viane
11 – Nigel Plum
10 – Tere Glassie
 9 – Shane Beyers
 8 – Adam Wheeler

14 – Nathan Heffernan
15 – Ian Harpley
16 – Christian Orsini
17 – Richard Parker
18 – Sika Tiaupa
19 – Ray Cashmere
20 – Brett Rimmer
21 – Steve Matthews
22 – David Djukich
23 – Wes Hallam-Mann

There are others like Michael Buettner, Chris Paterson and Robert Mears from Wests Tigers who will appear during the year.

What about Collis, De Gios and Fulton to name a few?

Slugs

Mighty Tiger said:
Slugs said:
Tigerpete said:

Well you just look like a fool as per usual now don't you slugs :roll:

Check out your avatar and then tell me who looks like the fool :lol: :lol:

BTW Balmain, Wests ,Wests Tigers, Merged Scum....who can keep up with all that :? :? :?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Slugs said:
Check out your avatar and then tell me who looks like the fool :lol: :lol:

Oh no I have a chimp as my avatar :roll: Obviously you know nothing about chimps do you... instead you would prefer to attempt to insult one by attacking their avatar, maybe you should do some research first and you will find out that a rabbit (let alone a toon rabbit) couldn't even be close to the intelligence that a chimp has :roll:

Slugs said:
BTW Balmain, Wests ,Wests Tigers, Merged Scum....who can keep up with all that :? :? :?

Well if you try to prove a point or make a statement the least any body with any sence would do is research the facts firstly before making a public fool of themselves :roll:

oro

Juniors
brook said:
yeah the only problem I have with my side is that it raids the flegg so much that we'd probably end up bombing out big time in that comp :lol:

I do think though that all of the young players I listed have proven themselves able to handle a higher level of footy than flegg - thomo, bronson, robbie, nowland and harper through last years premier league and waihape and nashy in ryde-eastwood.

I left out Greally because I honestly think he showed last year that he isn't ready for premiers - He is super talented and will go a long way but I think he needs more time

I hope the Tigers have recruited to cover for their promotion to P/L.

I also recall a post advising that Sheens had poached talented players from the Penrith, Illawarra and Canberra junior teams. Is this true and if the answer is yes, have names been released?

Slugs

Mighty Tiger said:
Oh no I have a chimp as my avatar :roll: Obviously you know nothing about chimps do you...

Chimp....Oh sorry I thought that was a picture of you :? :?

BTW love the photo of your Dad.....I can see the resemblance now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ugly6.jpg

brook

First Grade
oro said:
brook said:

I also recall a post advising that Sheens had poached talented players from the Penrith, Illawarra and Canberra junior teams. Is this true and if the answer is yes, have names been released?

going by the website theres a few new signings trialing amoung both the flegg and pl teams (although the PL list is hard to determine cause ryde-eastwood and balmain are using a combined squad)

names I don't recognise from the flegg squad include...

Ryan Simpson - fullback

Mick Assam - wing
Sean Morris
Michael Turnis
Mohamad Ismail

Nathan Lavers - 5/8th
Dave Miranda
Liam Bartells

Luke Clarke - prop
Sosiva Tonga

Paul Morris - second row
Steve Farrelly
John Melville

Willy Jones - lock

Ranald Schultz - hooker

so it does look like theres plenty of new recruits - lets hope they are as astute buys as the players the brought in last year (whoever decided to sign thomo deserves an award!)

theres also a few of the more advanced ball players (cameron, wara, caldwell, pangai) listed in the flegg squad so i'm guessing they will advance once the ball season ends

hmm just noticed a name missing though - luke fahy is not included in either the sg ball or jersey flegg squad - does anyone know where he's gone? Its would be a shame if we've lost an australian schoolboy to another club

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
DA said:

1 – Luke Duffy
 2 – Luke Covell
 3 – Ken McGuinness
 4 – Justin Miller
 5 – Shane Elford
 6 – Ben Reynolds
 7 – Keiran Kerr
13 – Drew Dalton
12 – Gray Viane
11 – Nigel Plum
10 – Tere Glassie
 9 – Shane Beyers
 8 – Adam Wheeler

14 – Nathan Heffernan
15 – Ian Harpley
16 – Christian Orsini
17 – Richard Parker
18 – Sika Tiaupa
19 – Ray Cashmere
20 – Brett Rimmer
21 – Steve Matthews
22 – David Djukich
23 – Wes Hallam-Mann

That is an amazingly powerful Premier League side.

oro

Juniors
brook said:
oro said:
brook said:

going by the website theres a few new signings trialing amoung both the flegg and pl teams (although the PL list is hard to determine cause ryde-eastwood and balmain are using a combined squad)

names I don't recognise from the flegg squad include...

Ryan Simpson - fullback

Mick Assam - wing
Sean Morris
Michael Turnis
Mohamad Ismail

Nathan Lavers - 5/8th
Dave Miranda
Liam Bartells

Luke Clarke - prop
Sosiva Tonga

Paul Morris - second row
Steve Farrelly
John Melville

Willy Jones - lock

Ranald Schultz - hooker

so it does look like theres plenty of new recruits - lets hope they are as astute buys as the players the brought in last year (whoever decided to sign thomo deserves an award!)

theres also a few of the more advanced ball players (cameron, wara, caldwell, pangai) listed in the flegg squad so i'm guessing they will advance once the ball season ends

hmm just noticed a name missing though - luke fahy is not included in either the sg ball or jersey flegg squad - does anyone know where he's gone? Its would be a shame if we've lost an australian schoolboy to another club

Thanks Brook.

westie

Bench
56 said:
Mighty Tiger said:
DA said:

1 – Luke Duffy
 2 – Luke Covell
 3 – Ken McGuinness
 4 – Justin Miller
 5 – Shane Elford
 6 – Ben Reynolds
 7 – Keiran Kerr
13 – Drew Dalton
12 – Gray Viane
11 – Nigel Plum
10 – Tere Glassie
 9 – Shane Beyers
 8 – Adam Wheeler

14 – Nathan Heffernan
15 – Ian Harpley
16 – Christian Orsini
17 – Richard Parker
18 – Sika Tiaupa
19 – Ray Cashmere
20 – Brett Rimmer
21 – Steve Matthews
22 – David Djukich
23 – Wes Hallam-Mann

That is an amazingly powerful Premier League side.

Imagine Flegg:

De Gois
Collis
Hampson
Gibbs
Roberts
Fulton
Borg
Pritchard

All except Borg and De Gois have either played for WT or are training with them. Borg hasnt because he just got back and I cant imagine whats happening with De Gois.