What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-Season Remedies for 2011

strider

Post Whore
i reckon we'll go a bit better .... but we'll hardly set the world on fire ... everyone we have come to rely on is getting that bit older and more injury prone

Delboy

First Grade
First thing is to get fit during the off season, last year appeared to be a holiday.

Then go and find a 7 and a 9, enough said , the other parts are OK

Stagger eel

Staff member
First thing is to get fit during the off season, last year appeared to be a holiday.

I guess the interesting part about fidning a 7 and 9 is that they may well be staring at us in the face..

I hope and pray that both Murray and Mitch can really step up to the plate because if those 2 fire than we definitely have the ingrediants to replicate what a club like the roosters did this year.

84 Baby

Referee

It's mental fitness that's the problem. All of them can run a marathon and make 40 tackles a game but it's being mentally aware enough after an hour of footy to know when and where to run to. Their training should seriously be a marathon followed by a hard tackling session followed by a skills session... And if any of them are serious they won't start training mid January or whatever it is

mrpwnd

Bench
Some of the players need to be Danny Green sparring partners for a while & grow some backbone.

I don't think Fui played with the same intensity as last year, in some games. (was last year a contract signing year?)
I think Danny Greens shown over the years that his little 'motivational' gig has done f**k all for the team.

Seccie

Juniors

8. Bandwagon fans evolve into die-hard fans
I’m starting to wonder about the ratio of bandwagon fans to die-hard ones and it’s making me realise that we really do have a heck of a lot of bandwagon fans. I’m sure I’m not the only one imagining what could happen if all our fans were die-hard ones.

11k season pass holders in a stadium that fits 20k shows that 2009 had a big impact in converting 'bandwagon fans' into more hard core fans.

In time, a good percentage of the 'bandwagons' will stick solid and become more die-hard.

mrpwnd

Bench
I truly wonder how many of these self-proclaimed 'die-hard fans' were merely bi-products of the parra bandwagon of the 80s.

It's a term that the older supporters often use to their own contradictory demise.

Of course, this is all speculation:), I wouldn't want half the board howling down my throat.

Gazzamatta

Coach
No offense mate, but I think your 10 points suck.

There is 1 simple point:

HALFBACK.

That is all.

Had we a marginally decent halfback this season, we'd still be dreaming of premiership glory.
DA came to Parra at the same time as Wayne Bennett went to St George. Id suggest they had similar rosters of playing talent. St George had a reject 5/8 and had to turn a fullback into a number 7. They turned a winger into a fullback and had to play second rowers and at times props in the centres. They had a reject in Weyman and lost Poore to Parra this year. Sure St George choked last year and they may well again this year but they have been consistent in their play and have steadily improved.
All this talk of the problems at Parramatta being totally caused by no half back are way off the mark. There are many problems at Parramatta that are not limited to their 6 and 7.
Do your job Mr Anderson.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I truly wonder how many of these self-proclaimed 'die-hard fans' were merely bi-products of the parra bandwagon of the 80s.

It's a term that the older supporters often use to their own contradictory demise.

Of course, this is all speculation:), I wouldn't want half the board howling down my throat.

I'm a 70's kid so up until 81 I used to hear how were constantly the bridesmaids and never the bride..as a 6 year old I saw Nifti drop that ball from Johnny Moran in the 76 gf and then saw the Crow miss a goal with 5 minutes remainging that would of won us the game in 77 and then had to go through the Hartley era where he f**ked us up the arse during the 78 and 79 season and then for the first time in a number of year we didn't make the finals in 1980...

it was very depressing up until the 81 gf I tell you..

superparra

Juniors
I'm a 70's kid so up until 81 I used to hear how were constantly the bridesmaids and never the bride..as a 6 year old I saw Nifti drop that ball from Johnny Moran in the 76 gf and then saw the Crow miss a goal with 5 minutes remainging that would of won us the game in 77 and then had to go through the Hartley era where he f**ked us up the arse during the 78 and 79 season and then for the first time in a number of year we didn't make the finals in 1980...

it was very depressing up until the 81 gf I tell you..
...and I'm a 90s kid that was born 20 years too late.
If only I could've seen the Eels of the 80s...

mrpwnd

Bench
...and I'm a 90s kid that was born 20 years too late.
If only I could've seen the Eels of the 80s...
You, me and just about every other 90s kid out there.

Of all games my parents had to take me to during the 90s for my first game it had to be Parra.

Latest posts