What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season Topics Thread, Help Keep Us Sane

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
44298391_572549643199369_4850412094719262720_n.jpg

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Nah, too depressing.

What’s depressing is the completely unnecessary shots that are leading to soft Australian dismissals.

Harris, Khawaja and Handscomb all guilty of playing reckless shots. Add to this, Finch’s non review and the situation is tragic on many levels.

Bench
It’s sad to see the state of the Australian Cricket team and even worse the rugby union side.
Least our Aussie League team is going well.

_Johnsy

Referee
I felt yesterday was one of those damned if you do damned if you don't days. If they try and put the wide ones through the covers they knick out like the Indians did and are all out for 100. Then we say they have no patience and don't respect the wicket.
Now when they respect the wicket and show patience we say they are slow, boring and unimaginative.
I was impressed with Harris, Khawaja, Handscomb and Head. These blokes dug deep on a tough pitch to bat on.
Finch is an ODI batsman and needs to go.
Marsh has to go. He's all or nothing and more often than not nothing.
Paine needed to dig in and support Handscomb.
I think we can make a game of this, just need to get another 100 runs somehow. Head is the key obviously.
The biggest issue I see is that they get out to very, very lazy shots. Footwork almost non existent, no balance & transfer of weight (correctly). While some of the techniques are good, there are a few basics that are missing.

Just MO

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The biggest issue I see is that they get out to very, very lazy shots. Footwork almost non existent, no balance & transfer of weight (correctly). While some of the techniques are good, there are a few basics that are missing.

Just MO

Time to bring out the skipping rope, methinks.

That’ll fix sloppy footwork. At least that’s what my old coach used to say.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Maybe some of you will be interested in this. Some people think the New World Order is a conspiracy theory, while others haven't even heard of it.

Old Timer

Coach
We have 2 elections coming our way this year and we will be subject to even more spin and bullshit than a Mc Fookknuckle presser.
Should be some quality dirt washing to be aired.
No doubt Glady's will be hoping ScuMo goes first but doubt that will happen.

Crush

Coach
Anyone in here ever had to completely stop drinking alcohol forever because of a medical issue?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Anyone in here ever had to completely stop drinking alcohol forever because of a medical issue?

No, in fact, my doctor has identified McGregor as being the reason l drink!
Now, where is my cooking sherry .................

On a more serious note, fill free to continue on with whatever is on your mind, Crush.

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
Not personally Crush. There are a myriad of medical conditions that require a person to abstain from alcohol. I hope you're OK, or just asking on behalf of a friend Xx

Latest posts