What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL Queensland team for Game II

AuDragon

Juniors
They picked the side I would pick. I'm glad common sense won over pettiness.

Complacency is the only thing that will prevent a 5 peat now, because NSW just doesn't have the arsenal, especially with the likelyhood of Hayne and Lewis suspension + Watmough and Lyon out injured.

But this is SoO, so nothing will be easy.

johns_reds

First Grade
I prefer to see it as free publicity for the NRL and SoO, because it will attract more fumble ball public to our showpiece. How can that be bad? ;-)

very true there will probably be a few more afl fans watching this state of origin to see what the hype is around izzy

AuDragon

Juniors
Pathetic.
crying-baby.jpg

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I think Yow Yeh's main problem this year has been being positioned outside Folau. The guy doesnt really pass the ball or look to setup his winger. If he gets a chance at origin level he'll do the job.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
falou should not be in the team. origin is the biggest advertisement for rugby league, and now afl has their very own marketing campaign in the maroon number 5 jersey

carncowboys

Juniors
I agree with falou being named. i dont agree with his decision to f**k off to AFL but QLD want the best chance of winning, and that is with Falou in the side. hope he has a good game

Big Pete

Referee
Hmmm...

I don't think the Queensland selectors ever went back on their word.

Here's one selector and his thoughts on Folau...

Selector Des Morris was doing his best to downplay the fact that Folau's decision could be held against him and selectors would wait for the hype to die down before making an informed decision.
"It won't void his eligibility," Morris said. "As selectors I don't think we are going to make a decision now while emotions are running. We want to let the dust settle and take another look at the situation.
"The fact is it is all a little left field. I haven't encountered a situation like this where you have a player committing elsewhere in the middle of a representative season.
"I mean, we have had players in the past defecting to rugby union and our policy has been that while they were in the NRL they would be eligible but at the same time there is plenty to consider."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-to-dump-folau/story-e6frg7mf-1225874212309

Managing director Ross Livermore said this...

"I would say that Israel has played his last game for Queensland and I think Mal would be of the same view. Mal and the selectors would prefer to look at the long term," Livermore said.

"The AFL is going to use Israel to get kids in Sydney playing AFL, and good luck to them," Livermore said. "We want kids playing rugby league and it's important to look at the big picture.

"Brent has been loyal to the game whereas Lote has been in union for seven years. Loyalty has traditionally played a big part in the [Origin] selection process."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...e-of-origin-game/story-e6frfgbo-1225874248204

But has since come out to say this...

But on Tuesday, Livermore said: "There's no backflip at all.
"Last week I was approached about Izzy's eligibility. I spoke to the coach (Mal Meninga) and senior players and their view was that we should probably look to the future," he told AAP.
"Yesterday, I had an approach by Mal, who said that they had had a re-think ... and they felt that seeing he was part of the first game and he is going to be playing in the NRL for the rest of the year they would like him to be considered.
"And we don't pick the teams, we leave that to the selectors.
"And we (QRL) don't ask the selectors to pick or not pick a player.
"So it's not a backflip. A lot of people might say it is and if they do I can't do anything about it."
Asked if his personal opinion about Folau had changed, Livermore said: "I am not saying yes or no that that is still my view.
"Once a board decision is taken, I can't express a personal view on it.
"I had expressed a view but I had not considered the board previously, but I am part of a board and we implement their decisions."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/folau-selection-a-disgrace-says-carr-20100608-xrfu.html

and QRL Chairman said this...

QRL chairman John McDonald tried to stamp out claims that Folau's selection had caused internal friction.
"All players were considered - I said that last week. That has been the policy of the Queensland Rugby League," he said.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/folau-selection-a-disgrace-says-carr-20100608-xrfu.html

So did the selectors really back flip? Not really.

Had Tate stayed clear of injury, then maybe.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Im am so disappointed with us QLD fans......

How come our official team thread is only 3 pages long while the NSW one is 24 pages long????

This just reeks of cohesion, unity and lack of whinging.

jarro

Juniors

How come our official team thread is only 3 pages long while the NSW one is 24 pages long????

You're right ... let's get things back on track :cool:

Dazzat

First Grade

You're right ... OK here goes.

I don't agree with Cameron Smith not shaving before a game ... damned it ... he should shave!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts