What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Team V Manly

cram

Bench

perverse

Referee
f**king Junior Burger. can someone chuck his puny little frame into a furnace or something?

i look forward to Mikas 11 tackles and 30m from a starting 2nd row position. i'm sure 2 or 3 of his tackles will be big hits, though, so im sure it will keep someone happy.

WTF has Mark T done to be playing second fiddle to Antonio "i'm a sh*t merkin journeyman that lacks heart and skill" Kaufusi? If we're going to be sticking with sh*t, we may as well be sticking with home grown sh*t on that one.

make no mistake. that team is an absolute train wreck. if they get pumped by any less than 30 then it is a POSITIVE result in my book. this team will be remembered right up there with the worst the Knights have ever fielded.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
I am genuinely surprised that Wes wasn't picked at fullback...he didn't even play last week (when he is otherwise picked for every game) so I'm wondering if he is carrying an injury that they aren't telling us about.

Other than that, that is more or less what I was expecting...you know we aren't going to see either Fa'aoso or Kaufusi dropped, though it is a shame that Taufua (on face value, given he is in #18) is considered below those two as he has offered more of late.

That backrow spot is going to look silly whether we put Ciraldo or Mika there...we just have nobody else which is a shame :( and I know Mika hasn't shown toooooo much but I'm willing to give him a go (with low expectations). Didn't do too badly as part of that 2nd man play that gave Aku the try in the corner late in last weeks game, so gotta give points for the wannabe 5/8th :p

First and for most no Scott Dureau.......... Roopy.... Jobdog, guys I am begging you not to stab your cats..... With no Scotty I'd daresay we'll only get beat by 34, instead of 54.

Shannon back in first grade is almost as bad as having Dureau there I am afraid.... Cant wait to see him cringe as the opposition is booming down on him with the 15+ bombs he can expect.

All in all a dreadful side and if we stay within 20 of them, its the 7th wonder of the world.

Unlike perverse actually excited to see Mika getting a start, he may or may not do a good job, but atleast his getting a chance.

Edwards being rewarded is a good thing, hopefully his proving to Stone that his mainstay quality.

Serc

First Grade
McDonnell is usually pretty good for a backup fullback in defence, and many of the areas that are specific to a fullbacks job...its just the way he sh*ts himself each time he gets the ball in any backline movement that annoys the hell out of many of us!

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
First and for most no Scott Dureau.......... Roopy.... Jobdog, guys I am begging you not to stab your cats..... With no Scotty I'd daresay we'll only get beat by 34, instead of 54.

Shannon back in first grade is almost as bad as having Dureau there I am afraid.... Cant wait to see him cringe as the opposition is booming down on him with the 15+ bombs he can expect.

All in all a dreadful side and if we stay within 20 of them, its the 7th wonder of the world.

Unlike perverse actually excited to see Mika getting a start, he may or may not do a good job, but atleast his getting a chance.

Edwards being rewarded is a good thing, hopefully his proving to Stone that his mainstay quality.
Pretty sure I didn't even name Scotty in my team in the "your team vs manly" thread ;-)

Got McDonnell at fullback and Mika in the second row as well. Just a shame I didn't get many of the others :sarcasm:

perverse

Referee
McDonnell is usually pretty good for a backup fullback in defence, and many of the areas that are specific to a fullbacks job...its just the way he sh*ts himself each time he gets the ball in any backline movement that annoys the hell out of many of us!
not just backline movements. every time he touches the ball... be it in goal, taking a bomb... whereever. the bloke is a hazard. he is pathetic. he is not up to first grade standard and it is just taking the piss selecting him ahead of Wes who has been a sturdy servant this year. Wes must be injured, it is the only reasonable explanation.
Pretty sure I didn't even name Scotty in my team in the "your team vs manly" thread ;-)

Got McDonnell at fullback and Mika in the second row as well. Just a shame I didn't get many of the others :sarcasm:
congratulations, you're on the same wavelength as a coach that seems hell bent on proving he's the worst in the business. the same wavelength as a bloke who has fellated the sh*t out of the great Antonio Kaufusi at every opportunity in the papers. the same wavelength as a guy who is yet to sign up a single prop to his roster for next year (the first position that should have been filled).

you are both geniuses.

Serc

First Grade
Well I wouldn't quite call him a hazard, though yes he is a bit of a worry sometimes whenever he just gets his hands on the ball...which I guess is why he is a backup fullback!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Well I wouldn't quite call him a hazard, though yes he is a bit of a worry sometimes whenever he just gets his hands on the ball...which I guess is why he is a backup fullback!

What Mcdonnell offers the team is reasonable safeness and good speed. What he lacks in is the ability to do even basic ball playing, like passing or offloading. The only position I can see him handling on a regular basis is wing.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
What Mcdonnell offers the team is reasonable safeness and good speed. What he lacks in is the ability to do even basic ball playing, like passing or offloading. The only position I can see him handling on a regular basis is wing.

You forgot to mention the part where, when running with the ball, he consistently falls over a few metres shy of the defensive line. On the plus side, I would rather see McDonnell in No. 1 then Dureau in No. 7.

Disappointing selections in some parts, but with our cattle we can't expect much else at this point. Although a terrible thing to hope for, it would be nice if injuries to some of our hack, pea hearted players forced the hand of Stone selecting some debutants.

88.Knights

Juniors
dunno wat wes has done not to get fullback, i mean only upstaging mcdonnell in all his games at fullback, but that mustn't be enough. edwards should be starting but good to see him still in the team i spose. and also would prefer the homegrown sh*t taufua over the freshly imported waste of space kaufusi, i cringe everytime i see him go near the ball its not good for my health.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't know why everyone gets so worked up when the team's announced on Tuesday. It's never what runs out.

dunno wat wes has done not to get fullback, i mean only upstaging mcdonnell in all his games at fullback, but that mustn't be enough. edwards should be starting but good to see him still in the team i spose. and also would prefer the homegrown sh*t taufua over the freshly imported waste of space kaufusi, i cringe everytime i see him go near the ball its not good for my health.

I can only put it down to Wes being a real clubman and not blowing up delux and accepting the dreaded utility tag and precious game time it gets him.

Alex28

Coach
I don't know why everyone gets so worked up when the team's announced on Tuesday. It's never what runs out.
I was going to say this, however people get overexcited about the team list every week. Nothing will change...

Serc

First Grade
Generally speaking it IS what runs out, aside from mostly injury changes and the odd positional change here and there.

aqua_duck

Coach
so we're at round 21 and so far the only bloke Stone has dropped this year is Dureau (which was a no brainer), accountability eat your heart out

Serc

First Grade
Should we be dropping Vuna for Kev? (personally I don't think we should) The only chance I thought we would've seen Kev was if at least one of Sau and Mad Dog were injured again this week.

Veteran Adam MacDougall, who missed the trip to Townsville, has been named to return from an ankle injury but he and fellow centre Junior Sa'u (hip flexor) will be used sparingly at training this week and will have to prove their fitness on Saturday.
"I've got a couple of centres who are a bit iffy, and Wes might get a chance to play in the centres there, so that's why I've named Shannon at fullback."He probably deserves another go there. It's probably a bit of make or break for him but he came as a fullback and did all right at the start of the year so we'll give him another go there."

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...mcdonnell-mika-dealt-in-by-stone/1896899.aspx

Latest posts