What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offseason & Draft Predictions

18to87

First Grade
I thought it would be good to make some offseason predictions and come back and see what comes true.

I will start with a few:
- Tom Brady, AJ Green, Austin Hooper and Greg Olson sign with the New England
- The Colts draft Jordan Love
- Cam Newton stays in Carolina
- Dak Prescott gets the franchise tag
- It will be a while before Phillip Rivers finds a new home
- Miami draft Tua Tagovailoa
- Houston cut Will Fuller
- Andy Dalton signs with the Chargers

Eelectrica

Referee
While Miami are drafting Tua, I hope we do forget to draft or acquire a decent O-Line as well or Tua is going to go the way of Luck, probably in less time though.
It's interesting to how well Tannehill did behind a decent O-Line and running game...

jaseg

Juniors
It would surely take too much for the Pats to get all that (and they're already losing quite a few players as is). Could maybe squeeze by without Hooper though? If Green takes less, and Olson is on unders, and you take future cap hits on Brady's 2020 salary, and you finish setting fire to that 2nd you paid for Sanu by cutting him, and Burkhead/Simon gets cut. McCourty needs to be retained for that defense as well, and I can't see Belichick being happy with losing Slater - both UFAs.

Can't see Fuller getting cut withou something off-field happening. He makes the Texans offense better because the opposition have to respect the deep speed on every play, and is on the 5th year rookie option year (so less than he's likely to get paid in free agency, and also fully guaranteed for injury - his biggest issue). O'Brien as GM is a wild card of course, but he's an offensive coach so I think it helps Fuller's case rather than hurts.

Dalton still has a year left on his deal. Likely to be traded - I'm thinking the Bears should go there. Trubisky is shit and they don't have a 1st or the ammunition to go up in this draft high enough to get one of the top guys.

Tag seems like the dumb thing to do with Dak, so I agree, it'll probably happen.

While Miami are drafting Tua, I hope we do forget to draft or acquire a decent O-Line as well or Tua is going to go the way of Luck, probably in less time though.
It's interesting to how well Tannehill did behind a decent O-Line and running game...

I imagine Fitzy is going to bear the brunt of 2020, giving Miami 2 off seasons to get their OL in some sort of workable shape. Not just that, but gives Tua more time to heal from the bunch of injuries he sustained at Bama and time to learn whatever offensive system they're running (and to adjust to his level of receivers... the Dolphins actually have a decent receiving group, but it's still going to be the rarest of situations where a college QB goes to the NFL and has a worse WR group... and not just relative to competition).

Big Marn

Juniors
Hmm.

Adam Gase does something crazy. (not much of a prediction really)
Kenyan Drake on a long term deal with Cardinals. David Johnson to Bucs?
Winston stays at Bucs
Breida leaves 49ers to Dolphins but Jerick McKinnon.... 4million dead cap this year if they cut him.... they give him one last chance.