What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offseason Thread

Tom155

Coach
Baltimore takes SMU DB Brandon Stephens with pick #104

Denver coming up with the last pick of the day

zombie jesus

Staff member
Okay with Freiermuth assuming he has 90% of a Heath Miller-ish career... not sure about the other guy, but they usually scout OL pretty well.

kurt faulk

Coach

The Rams drafted a smaller version of tavon Austin. Hopefully a better wr. Tavon was a rb in a wr's body.

Insurance for djax and I'm thinking the jet sweep is back in action for the Rams again. Let's hope he never gets tackled though. He might snap in half.

nick87

Coach
Eagles pick another DT Milton Williams

wasn’t super pumped about this pick, really wanted a corner... would have loved to take Asante Samuel Jr in the second and Quinn Minerz in the 3rd, given what occurred

but then I saw this

Probably worth a dart throw for a team in like the eagles

Tom155

Coach

The Rams drafted a smaller version of tavon Austin. Hopefully a better wr. Tavon was a rb in a wr's body.

Insurance for djax and I'm thinking the jet sweep is back in action for the Rams again. Let's hope he never gets tackled though. He might snap in half.

149 Pounds!

kurt faulk

Coach
149 Pounds!

i think he's actually 160 pounds.

by the time he gets on the field i'm hoping they have pumped him with roids and worked him hard in the weight room to get him closer to 170.

let's face it, he won't be needed while djax is able to be on the field. this was a pick for next season after djax has departed or until he gets injured.

Tom155

Coach

by the time he gets on the field i'm hoping they have pumped him with roids and worked him hard in the weight room to get him closer to 170.

let's face it, he won't be needed while djax is able to be on the field. this was a pick for next season after djax has departed or until he gets injured.

That's what he reportedly weighed at his proday/combine checks recently, he may have bulked up a bit since then but even so he's still very small for a 2nd rounder at any position.

Tom155

Coach

That's what he reportedly weigh at his proday/combine checks recently, he may have bulked up a bit since then but even so, he's still very small for a 2nd rounder at any position.

Tom155

Coach
So what did everyone think about their team's draft & the draft in general?

Best picks? Worst picks? Sleepers? Players you can't believe went undrafted??

legend

Coach
I give the Broncos a B+. I don't think Surtain was a need as opposed to BPA. I would have liked Cox as I think he'll be good for Dallas.

If we land Rodgers via trade then we I reserve the right to change the draft grade as I believe Surtain would be draft bait for Green Bay.

Rodgers to Denver would be Manning to Denver all over again. Stacked everywhere but QB. Be interesting to see if Rodgers demands a trade. It's looking more and more likely that will be the case. San Fran took Lance and the Raiders have Carr, and well...are the Raiders. Denver seems like the logical fit for Rodgers to get a second.

Yes, I am talking myself into this but it's been five long years since we have done anything and we are due.

legend

Coach
Could Rodgers work with a control freak like Gruden? I doubt it. Manning had Fox and Kubiak as his head coaches in Denver and they let him audible all day and call plays at the line of scrimmage. I think Fangio would fall into the same category should we get Rodgers. There's not a lot you can teach a guy like Rodgers as a coach or OC, but there's a shitload he could teach to guys like Sutton, Jeudy and Fant and in a hurry.

Rodgers could turn Sutton into the next Davante Adams.