What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oi..Luke walsh!

when we have the ball..as half back you probably need to touch the ball at least 2 or 3 times..i think he might have made a lil step backwards tonite..not enought from him in attack..so get in there and organise!

Stranger

Coach
It was strange to watch him and Mullen play tonight. Not as mature as most have first thought.

The weirdest part was we were down by 6 with 4 to go and they put the kick to the corner instead of a midfield bomb or chip chase.. very strange.

roopy

Referee
Walsh isn't Joey.
Joey loved to handle 2 or 3 times per set and make things up as he went along.
Luke handles less but generally has a plan when he gets involved.
Mullen is first reciever as often or maybe even more often than Walsh - it is how they play.

A touch by Walsh is nearly always a quality touch because he has a plan. He has a lot more tricks up his sleave to show us yet. When he gets a bit more confidence he will start pulling some quality moves out of the kit bag.

jamesgould

Juniors
Stranger said:
The weirdest part was we were down by 6 with 4 to go and they put the kick to the corner instead of a midfield bomb or chip chase.. very strange.

I thought that was a really good play - looking towards the next couple of sets we still had up our sleeve, and from memory we did do a decent job in defence from that set..

Stranger

Coach
jamesgould said:
I thought that was a really good play - looking towards the next couple of sets we still had up our sleeve, and from memory we did do a decent job in defence from that set..

Yeah we did defend very well. Seriously though you have just one or two more sets left and you are down by 6 you have to try everything.

It was a very patient play and almost worked though.

Whats Doing

Bench
Walsh and Mullo were clearly oupointed by Prince and Lewis. Yes they will gaining experience but I would be signing a half with experience for insurance.

strewth_mate

Bench
Ifs and maybes - I want to observe them play to their potential. Not that they're playing badly, just sometimes you'd swear we, and indeed quite a few other teams, don't actually have halves, just a bunch of forwards and backs that organise themselves.

Once we start putting players in gaps though it'll be good. Our forwards definitely have the potential to do some damage with offloads and running smart lines, and the support players are generally there, just need to push the short balls closer to the defensive line and structure the direction of attack with the little guys. Until I actually see it happen though, I'll judge accordingly, and I've been a bit disappointed with our attack of late. Though yeah, what can you do.

CJKnight

Juniors
This may be a little off-topic, but how good was their passing game? They were almost able to go from one side of the field to the other with 2 passes. They can both spiral the ball a mile and very acuratly too.

Walshy for mine plays a lot like Freddie Fittler did. How often did you think Fittler had gone out of the game then out of nowwhere he turned it on a dime. He was the master of sitting back and observing. Joey for mine was far too involved on occasions cos the players round him allowed it ie. Noone showed initiative with the exception of bedsy. That is why we were predictable towards the end of his career. Joey was the undisputed master, but really I reckon he got tired too early in games and we faded at the back end of games as a result.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
christopherjon said:
This may be a little off-topic, but how good was their passing game? They were almost able to go from one side of the field to the other with 2 passes. They can both spiral the ball a mile and very acuratly too.

I couldn't agree more!

roopy

Referee
Walshie has an outstanding long passing game, but his short passing game is just as good or better.
Gus Gould pointed out how he holds a ball up to put guys through gaps and said some guys don't develop skills like that till they are 30.

Walshie had a bit over half a game in PL if you add up his time from his two games before he made his firstgrade debut, and he is adjusting to the pace of firstgrade. He is a long way off his best yet.

Ben

Bench
I really enjoy their passing games. Walsh and Mullen can stand and deliver thirty metre spiral balls to guys hitting gaps. As both their careers develop this is going to be a very strong asset for the team. We can start going back to the sideline to sideline game that we used to be able to play.

And don't be too harsh on Walsh. Its only his fourth game in first grade.

roopy

Referee
One of the most remarkable plays i have seen.
A trial game at Wyong last year - Uate was having his first game in the Flegg squad and it was obvious that Walsh and Dureau had been told to get Uate into the game.
There was a play the ball way over on the other sideline and Walshie waved at Uate and Dureau and said time for Uate to make a run.
Seu Seu at Dummy half popped a pass to Walsh who was standing deep, who spun out a 25 metre bullet pass that hit Dureau on the chest, who fired on a 25 metre bullet pass that hit Uate at speed as he ran down the opposite sideline - pretty to watch - but it came to nothing unfortunately.

CJKnight

Juniors
Bring it home Knights said:
I couldn't agree more!

Nice to see we are agreeing alot more lately... ;-) I have the feeling this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Big Tim

First Grade
Holla if ya hear me said:
when we have the ball..as half back you probably need to touch the ball at least 2 or 3 times..i think he might have made a lil step backwards tonite..not enought from him in attack..so get in there and organise!

You are right :roll: :roll:

In the first 20 minutes he was no where near the ball........

Last night wasnt the time for our halves to step in and make attacking plays when we were under the pump.

Our plan all year has been to get fast ball out of the ruck. Bedsy and Kurt have been killing it. That is our plan so Walsh and Mullen will not get involved on every play in every set because of this. This game plan will work as we can spread the ball to Walsh and Mullen late in the set and take advantage of the defenders pushing to the middle to tighten up the ruck.

Simple game plan that will serve us very well.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Big Tim said:
You are right :roll: :roll:

In the first 20 minutes he was no where near the ball........

Last night wasnt the time for our halves to step in and make attacking plays when we were under the pump.

Our plan all year has been to get fast ball out of the ruck. Bedsy and Kurt have been killing it. That is our plan so Walsh and Mullen will not get involved on every play in every set because of this. This game plan will work as we can spread the ball to Walsh and Mullen late in the set and take advantage of the defenders pushing to the middle to tighten up the ruck.

Simple game plan that will serve us very well.

Fair cop. He got injured in the first tackle he made and was hobbling away near the sideline. That's how Titans scored the first try, time should have been stopped. They ran at him and he pushed away the trainer and made a tackle but Cummins said it was high and gave them a penalty. I was at the game and we saw him go off to the side and have an injection. Then he scored our first try with a good kick chase. Thats courage. He was with the trainer alot aswell the poor bugger he was not at all 100%.

Frederick

Staff member
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Fair cop. He got injured in the first tackle he made and was hobbling away near the sideline. That's how Titans scored the first try, time should have been stopped. They ran at him and he pushed away the trainer and made a tackle but Cummins said it was high and gave them a penalty. I was at the game and we saw him go off to the side and have an injection. Then he scored our first try with a good kick chase. Thats courage. He was with the trainer alot aswell the poor bugger he was not at all 100%.
[Stranger]NOT GOOD ENOUGH! HE SHOULD BE PHYSICALLY PREPARED ENOUGH THAT HE DOESN'T GET INJURED! THIS IS FIRST GRADE!!! AS A FIRST GRADE PLAYER HE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE EVERY TACKLE AND NEVER MISS A TACKLE AND HE ALSO NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO NOT GET INJURED!!!!!! F*CK HIM OFF, HE'S RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11[/Stranger]

:crazy:

Latest posts