What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok Gol wat do u want me to do about this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlgamer.cjb.net

Juniors
im a bit confused as what the drama is about different sites having the same info.But for the people who are a bit annoyed with me and 1000 other sites using your info. But i am willing to come to an agreement about watever is pissing you people off. If you want i can add the links to your site or something.
If this problem is resolvable please reply.
because im just a league fan like the rest of ya all.

Timmo

Juniors
Mate, it's illegal to take somebody elses work and:
1. claim it to be yours
2. not even credit them
3. not even ask them for permission

You have taken information word for word from rlgame.com and Gol's site. This breaks like a million copyright laws. If you want to write your own review or something like that for the game, then that's ok.

Timmo

Juniors
Oh, and also it draws people away from their websites. People who would visit your site before they see the others would think that you are responsible for it all.

c_eagle

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Watch out for litigation rlgamer.

Litigation, are you guys crazy?

Firstly, the pictures, videos etc. are from THE GAME! They weren't rendered, produced etc. by RLgame or Gol. Whats wrong with spreading the gospel and sharing the bandwith? shees, I think its great to see people interested in the game rather then bagging others for making an effort.

At the end of the day, there is no money to be made from these websites, its just a hobby. So what if RLgame were lucky enough to get a video, its great for us and rlgame but they dont OWN the video.

c_eagle said:
So what if RLgame were lucky enough to get a video, its great for us and rlgame but they dont OWN the video.

Yes, they do. Locksley has a copy of the game and he made that video himself, therefore RLGame.com DOES own the video. I hate plaguarism.

c_eagle

Juniors
RaiderMan said:
c_eagle said:
So what if RLgame were lucky enough to get a video, its great for us and rlgame but they dont OWN the video.

Yes, they do. Locksley has a copy of the game and he made that video himself, therefore RLGame.com DOES own the video. I hate plaguarism.

Its not his game! He may have a copy of the game, but the rights to the game arent his. That means images, videos from the game and the relevent licenses don't concern him.

Timmo

Juniors
It is probably ok if this guy says "These videos are courtesy of Locksley from RLGame.com" or something like that. But in this case, he's wacked it up on a website and practically claimed it as his own.

Also, I have noticed that my video of the Penrith V Roosters grand final was put up on RLgame.com without credit to myself. I guess Locksley is guilty of the same crime, although, I don't really give a hoot.
The fact is, neither Gol or Locksley are happy that this guy is using their material.

Goleel

Juniors
Locksley probably has more beef here than I do since you've ripped a lot more from him, but mate, let me explain something to you.

The net is a source of information, yes. A good one at that. But just because you read it for free doesn't mean you can take it. If you wanted to use my site info and Locksley's info, you could either a) ask our permission for it to be copied directly with credit given (which I personally wouldn't allow), b) post a link to the relevant pages on our sites (which I have nothing against) or c) summarise it or pick out what you want and put it in your own words.

You can't just copy and paste it from somewhere else without a single mention of where you got it from, and that's where I have a problem with your site. People don't need someone to regurgitate what they can find somewhere else, rather, try and offer something new to people if you want to run a site on the game. Locksley gives people a lot of exclusive media and interviews, I keep people up to date with the latest happenings and tell people where they can find new videos, screenshots, etc... There's plenty of other stuff you can cover with a league gaming website without needing to directly copy other peoples stuff.

If you want to resolve things, well I would want all the info you've copied directly from my site removed, with links provided to the real sites the info come from, and if you decide to summarise anything from my site, I'd want you to give credit to it. Any screenshots you got from my site that I took (the demo captures, video captures and the few screenshots I've got hosted myself on my site) removed or linked to my screenshots site. Same goes for videos, downloads, etc... give a link to a page where you can download it from my site or Locksleys site if you don't host it yourself, or give credit to where you got it from if you want to mirror it.

Basically all the content on your site should be your own. That's all I'm saying.

I also wouldn't mind you and your school mates throwing an apology my way for the crap that was thrown my way in the forum on your site, that was just bloody childish.

I'd also get in touch with Locksley if I were you, since you've ripped a lot more from his site than mine, and I'm sure he would be just as displeased about it as I am.

rlgamer.cjb.net

Juniors
ok i get the drift, i will try to make some improvements, but i need some time to re write it up.
But gol i have not used any of your screen shots or have i direct linked to your screen shots. But i will re write wat i feel is needed but all the faq's are staying as they are everywhere.

Goleel

Juniors
Yeah the stuff from TruBlu, HES and Sidhe are fair game I believe, if its out in a press release you can copy it word for word, don't know if you should bother but mate, everyone would have read it before. Gotta offer something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts