What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK, now.... Who's going to win?!

aussie_londoner

Juniors
Wayne Bennett will ensure a GB victory.

that muppet really needs to pull his head in.

GB will win because i think they will be just to hungry for it. Aus will play the same lacklustre play they have all series and GB will make less mistakes ensuring a 8+ point victory

Warrington_Mike

Juniors
64-10?! haha hope that was a joke.

i hope u aussies arent maiking up your excuses already here?! ;-)

only a few days to go now, cant wait

Eelectrica

Referee
Cheering for Australia (although not too loudly at 4am ;-) ) but picking britain to win.
Australia looks ready to fall and Britain looks like it has everything in place to ensure that it happens.
Score GB:22 - Australia 18

DIEHARD

----
carlnz said:
DIEHARD said:
Kangaroos 64 Lions 10

I have noticed since the Tri Nations started you keep changing your banner...i woneder why :roll:

I haven't changed my banner for weeks. I'm sure many people can vouch for that.

Now go away and have your medicine. Little Kiwi. :lol:

This is for you. :arrow:

woodenspoon.gif

DIEHARD

----
coldhardbitch said:
Great Britain 30 Australia 12

(tho in a dream i had the other night, britain won 52-6)

I had a dream also. The Lions came to Sydney and we thrashed them 64-10 in front of 35,000 people..... oh wait! :lol: :lol: :lol:

millersnose

Post Whore
i think the aussies will win well

but i hope it is close and a GB win will be a good thing for international RL

i cant see the aussies being that flat in attack again and i cant see GB being that good in defence

Nook

Bench
GB will be massively fired up. As always, their ability to handle sustained pressure for the first 20 without conceding too many points will be the key. If they are in the match after 30 minutes, I reckon they will win.

The key for them is handling the big Aussie forwards up the middle and stopping Wing from carving them up around the rucks. There isn't alot they can do about Lockyer other than slide well and hope for the best.

GB 14 Aus 12

Simo

First Grade
Eelectrica said:
Cheering for Australia (although not too loudly at 4am ;-) ) but picking britain to win.
Australia looks ready to fall and Britain looks like it has everything in place to ensure that it happens.
Score GB:22 - Australia 18

Save yourself an hour and get up at 5am 8) (unless your from one of those states that wont accept daylight savings??)

The Aussies will do it by 10-20 because as much as I want another close one and hope for the sake of the game its a thriller, I just think the Aussies will cope with the pressure better and I believe we can score points if we need to where as you poms seem to struggle close to the line and have to hope for long field breaks. But Hindmarsh will moe you down this weekend!

avsterooster

Juniors
the first 20 minutes of this game will be incredible
morley vs omeley
and the rest... its going to be bruising

however i think when it comes down to it... a certain 'Darren Lockyer' will be the difference and the impact with wing towards the later stages of each half will be the difference

Aus 26
GB 16

Glen

Bench
Very hard to pick. I expect another tight one but I think the Aussies will have too much class, especially with Lockyer back

Australia 24
GB 18

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
Anybody know who the sideline officials and video referee are? I think they have used Brittish officials in every match havn't they? So much for neutrality. As the outcome of this match means so much for the good of Rugby League in Brittain, i'm sure we will see some contoversial decisions in favour of the home side.

I havn't seen a great deal of Russell Smith, but from what i have seen, i have formed the oppinion that he is fair dinkum - honest. (Maybe this is why Brian Noble is pissed at his appointment). I don't think the same can be said of the other officials. They have been commining up with crap calls all series.

I am also of the opinion that Wayne Bennet has been coaching Australia for close games (probably for the good of exciting international Rugby League). I won't entertain the thought of him or his players purposly trying to lose this one, but to have the match in the ballance with 10 minuts to go will be good for international Rugby League.... win or lose. For this match to be forced into "Golden point time" would be the ultimate end to the season and a terrific promotion for the game.

Great Brittain by 4.

Eelectrica

Referee
My god. Diehards predicition isn't looking so silly anymore.
I feel for you GB fans, I know exactly what you are feeling, this is like the 2001 GF.

Latest posts