What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old McDonald had a derp

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Options. Marcus is an option. Mitchell is an option.

This red headed rat rooter might be worse than the intense midget.

mozza91

Coach
Harris has to have pictures of someone. He’s a proven failure and shouldn’t ever be considered for Australia again.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Cricket Australia is reportedly ready to announce Andrew McDonald as Justin Langer’s official replacement after reaching an agreement.
McDonald has been linked to the top job ever since he took up the position as interim head coach following Langer’s shock resignation in a storm of controversy.

The Daily Telegraph reports McDonald is ready to accept the job after it was offered to him earlier this week.

The report claims Cricket Australia will confirm the appointment in an announcement in 24-48 hours.

Cricket journalist Malcolm Conn posted on Twitter the announcement is “imminent”.

It was recently reported McDonald was the front-runner for the job despite Cricket Australia conducting an extensive hiring process which involved an international recruitment firm.

According to reports, talks between McDonald and Cricket Australia were put on hold during Australia’s test series win over Pakistan last month.

Australia interim head coach Andrew McDonald. Photo by Quinn Rooney/Getty Images.

Australia interim head coach Andrew McDonald. Photo by Quinn Rooney/Getty Images.
He confirmed last week that he was interested in taking up the head coach position.

He told nospam47.com, he still wanted to see how the position would be structured before making a final decision on putting his hand up.

“Do I want the job? It depends on what it looks like, how Cricket Australia see the job unfolding and I will probably get more detail and clarity moving forward,” he said, according to nospam47.com.

“Once the process is done I am happy to talk about what I think the job should look like if I do have the job or don’t have the job, that’s something for later on down the track.”

McDonald has previously been endorsed by several players as Langer’s successor.

The News Corp report indicated assistant coach Michael Di Venuto could take over and lead Australia in limited overs tours overseas.

Former Australia cricket coach Justin Langer. Photo by Matthew Lewis-ICC/ICC via Getty Images.

Former Australia cricket coach Justin Langer. Photo by Matthew Lewis-ICC/ICC via Getty Images.
Both ODI captain Aaron Finch and test captain Pat Cummins have shown public support for McDonald — something they never did for Langer.

The former coach earlier this month reportedly put his hand up to coaching England.

Langer famously resigned from the Aussie cricket team in February after a token six-month contract extension offer following a player mutiny.

Under his tenure, Australia retained the Ashes in England for the first time since 2001, claimed the nation’s first T20 World Cup title and thrashed England 4-0 at home this summer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
got me f**ked how this guy became involved in the first place, he's only been coaching for 10 mins

its not as though he has any bias either, looks like fatty Finch is going to become his version of Mitch Marsh

TheParraboy

Staff member
Don’t mind the selection. I like it. Not high profile but definitely , knowledgeable , a people person and a coach who improves younger players along the lines of Matt Mott who coaches the Aussie womens.

Reading some background stuff he has been coaching since 2014 . In county cricket , Sheffield Shield ,IPL and of course Australia , lot of it as understudy but also took over times when JL took holidays or stepped back eg T20 world cup

The JL homies have their keyboards on stand by waiting for the Aussie team to fail because Langer isn’t there LOL - sad f**cks

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
After a lengthy selection process where we considered nobody else we went with Ranga McDonald.

Let's see. At least he's not bald

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee there is not much support for "Macca" on social media

he only got the job because he is a yes man
he has no prior coaching success at this level
JL was treated very unfairly
Paddy runs the show and Macca is his puppet

you get the picture

TheParraboy

Staff member
gee there is not much support for "Macca" on social media

he only got the job because he is a yes man
he has no prior coaching success at this level
JL was treated very unfairly
Paddy runs the show and Macca is his puppet

you get the picture

Whoever got the gig would be blasted the same way by the JL simpletons

There was a ton of backlash on social media at one point few weeks back that Trevor Bayliss was going to get the job, and the above stuff was all said as well lol

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he has coached in a lot of leagues and IPL but mostly as an assistant, then he was an assistant to JL

its been rather a quick rise to international coach

I guess we should so how he goes before we sink the boot in