What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldest debut player in NRL?

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Does anybody have any idea who the oldest player to debut in the NRL and actually make something of themselves would be? I'm not talking about playing 1 game and never being seen again. I'm talking about who has cemented a place in the side or played rep footy.

gUt

Coach
Shane Perry? He was at least 28 when he turned out for Brisbane in our premiership year of 2006.

derp

Juniors
My bad ..
Luke Stuart was the oldest NRL player to make their representative debut, a record previously held by Scott Sattler

typicalfan

Coach
And last one Brenton Lawrence. He started at 26 but took till this year...28 to be a consistent starter.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
NRL debut and Rugby League first grade debut are two different things so guys who have played ESL and then come over late (thinking Brian Carney here) would be a strong candidate.

Jason Bulgarelli immediately comes to mind. Would've been 26-27 when making his debut. Was rookie of the year (for Raiders) in 2003, capping it off by dropping the Raiders season over the try line against the Warriors.

eozsmiles

Bench
NRL debut and Rugby League first grade debut are two different things so guys who have played ESL and then come over late (thinking Brian Carney here) would be a strong candidate.

Jason Bulgarelli immediately comes to mind. Would've been 26-27 when making his debut. Was rookie of the year (for Raiders) in 2003, capping it off by dropping the Raiders season over the try line against the Warriors.

I'm mates with a player from that Raiders team. He mentions it at least 3 times a year. Poor merkin.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Mick Roberts for the Broncos had played about 6000 games for the Redcliffe Dolphins before he cracked the NRL, played off the bench for about half a season or so. He must have been pushing 30 when he debuted.

Paullyboy

Coach
There's a couple of Broncos players who forged solid careers in the Qld Cup before making the grade. Not many of them hung around long enough for them to be considered regular first graders though.