What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG - just found out about this...got some Qs

justakid

Juniors
as said.. just found out about how good this game is gonna be. Realised it was being made a couple months ago, but (with no offense to the production team) when i realised it was a 'not so recognised' developer i was like - eh it'll probably be a dud (then again look at EAs rugby 2004 ugh) glad to know im wrong.

I've just played a quick demo and other than the obvoius quirks this game looks a killer - glad i found out now though instead of 8 months ago, dont know how i could have waited that long heheeh - i actually thought this was gonna be released next year.

any way i have a few Qs that i did not find the answer to in the FAQ - hopefully they aren't repetitive ones.

1. are the controls going to be configurable (sp?), if so to what extent?
a. there are presets and u can choose from preset configs.
b. you can change for keyboard but not for game pad
c. you can change every single command (this would be a DREAM) like in NBA 2003 where u can set keys for both defense and offense seperately.
d. you can change keys/buttons for offense which coincides with changes to that of deffense.

2. hope this doesnt sound stupid but how are the camera angles
a. will there be a camera angle where it's just behind the back of the team you select, so it doesnt move from side to side (like the demo)
b. will there be an option to have it so the camera doesnt swing around when the ball swaps position.

thats it, thats the only Qs i have. hope they are considered relevants and not repetitive.

I have one suggestion which i hope is considered for any sequals if developed (or patch - heh doubt it) - use the dual analogue abilities of game pads which have them (eg. thrustmaster dual analogue or psx controller connected to adapter).

an example of use could be dummies and side steps eg. use the left analogue for movement, right analogue for for dummy right and dummy left or as a combination - that is u keep your hand on top right shoulder button and move right analogue to left and right for fending or something like that, maybe up to contest a bomb, down dive for a loose ball or a ball that has been kicked into the goal or even stripping in one on ones - would obviously need to be thought out - but would be kool - has added heaps to nba 2003 - not that im comparing the games because you can't but in terms of playability and fluidness its really kool for those who have not play. - but ill stop battering on now...

hehe man im just excited - i love ET rugby for those who can remember and ARL - man how is going to effect my studies hehe.....

kudos to sidhe and all those contributing to this forum - o and for reading this :)

cheers.

TripleM

Juniors
You can choose from a couple of different preset options for controls, I think. As for camera angles, there will be a behind one and a side one and maybe others.. I don't think there'd be a behind one that doesn't swing around though.

Latest posts