What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On 6 points-Now what

1 game at home in 7 weeks
2 close games with the bounce of the ball spoiling it for us
Souths coming up -Should be a good game to work on combinations or To consolidate=8 points
But-Dogs and Brisbane away
Unless the DPP tears the heart out of dogs thru other measures then realistically we are now going to struggle.
BYE in RD11 gives us 10 pts close to halfway
Is it enough?
Even the storm after the bye-Geez there are no easy games are there
The top teams are sneaking away from us
The bottom half of the 8 looks likely.

~bedsy~

First Grade
There is no easy teams anymore.... I think we will have a few wins and get into the 8. Don't give up on the boys just yet. The Dogs and Broncos will be tough though.

Earl

Coach
By the time Newcastle gets another shot at Melbourne we will be unstoppable 8)

Here is the remaining games

Souths (H) = Win
Bulldogs (H) = Win (Just)
Broncos (A) = Lose
Bye = 2 points
Melbourne (H) Win
Parramatta (H) Win
Cowboys (A) Win
Roosters (A) Lose
Eagles (H) Win
Sharks (H) Win
Bye 2 points
Broncos (H) Win (Just)
Cowboys (H) Win
Souths (A) Win
Raiders (H) Win
Eagles (A) Win
Dragons (H) Win
Bulldogs (A) Lose
Tigers (H) Win

So we will finish on 32 Points

astrogirl

First Grade
Seeing the games set out like that makes you realise that there is a lot of time left to the season!

Plenty of time for the team to start operating like a well tuned machine - fingers crossed we manage to get through the rest of the season unscathed, injury wise.

~knights~

Juniors
The bulldogs and broncos are going to be hard....even if they are at home.

You got them as wins...I like your faith in our team 8)

Voice of Reason

Juniors
That looks well and good speculating on what MIGHT happen BUT...Try another approach based on ACTUAL PERFORMANCE by teams up to including Round 7. If we are to make the Top 8 then try and nominate the 7 teams that will finish out of the 8. I have tried to and find this very difficult. I can find 4 team,being Eagles, Souths, Cowboys and Warriors that I cannot put in the 8 then I struggle with the next three. Maybe Sharks, Tigers and and Raiders (none of which I can say confidently)- I don,t know after that.I am not saying by any means that we can't make the 8 but looking at it this way, it makes it very difficult to make a projection. Any thoughts?

knights04

Bench
Going by last yrs end of season ladder Brisbane scrapped into the finals on 28 whilst Eels and Dragons just missed out on 26. I think the main priority is to make it to the finals at worst No.5 that way if we lose in 1st wk of finals there's 2 teams 6-8 we need to lose so we can progress to wk 2 finals. In 2002 Eels finished 6th on 26 pts and Dragons and Raiders made it on 25 so there's an outside chance.

mat_parsons

Juniors
Dragons and Parra will be hard to beat. Bulldogs in 2 weeks time as well.

I hope if we get to finals eventually that we don't get Roosters or Panthers first (quater finals) game so we get out straight away.

keeney

First Grade
bulldogs always seem to lift against us at eas, but otherwise they havent been playing inspiring footy, and the only hard game theyve played they got thrashed 35-0 against a starless roosters team. IM worried about oriign time as well, we dont have as many byes as previous years, and well have alot of players out

MC DUI

Juniors
I will be happy if the team just keeps being competitive and gets a few wins along the way. I don't really care about the finals etc. I just hate seeing my team not have a go each week, now if they can put in an effort every week then I will be one happy camper. :D

Don't all you people remember when Joey got injured us all sitting around posting on here about how from now until the rest of the season we would be happy if the guys just had a dig each week, well guess what they are having a dig each week and that's good enough for me. 8)

we will beat the cowboys during state of origin, they will have plenty out

Matt Bowen
Josh Hannay
Paul Bowman
Nathan Fien
Matt Sing
Travis Norton

We will have

Bedsy
Kennedy
Tahu
Gidley

keeney

First Grade
u think fien will make origin? sure these palyers ahve played before, but they a) have more competition this year and i dont see half of them etting in, and b) they arent as important to their team as bedsy adn kennedy alone are, let alone tahu and gidley

Gooba

Juniors
new prediction: We will finish 7th then 2 hours before quater final game joey os given a clearence to play for us :shock: . plus we have no other injurys to the team. we make it through to the grand final!!! :clap: