What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the March

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Ok this is goin to be weird. To me, i sit where ever the majority of us are. In saying that, it's been advertised everywhere that we will be behind the try line. So i think the only option that will work out, is if we all meet prior to the game start (during premier league) and have a look to see if we can slide over to probably the 10m line. That's probably the only thing that will happen. ;-)

There are big flags, they do make appearances it just depends on the ground involved and whether Nick/Ben(depending on who has the gear) can get them there.

IMO, behind the goalposts is a good spot. There isn't anything you can't see and there is plenty of room for the shy people to crowd around without being right up amongst the natives. If you sit amongst the general public you get asked to sit down...I think that is the reason for it...we only tried on the 20m line once in I think 2002...can't remember really, and it may have been because of that we moved back to under the scoreboard.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea fair call, i recon just off in one of the corners even would work a treat
bay 24 offers a pretty good veiw

BAY72

Juniors
So i think the only option that will work out, is if we all meet prior to the game start (during premier league) and have a look to see if we can slide over to probably the 10m line
Well at least you're thinking about it. which is more than some. Honestly if you want numbers sit in an area that will entice a crowd, not stuffed in the back some were.

Realisticaly we cant fill a whole bay. But we have about 16 up this week which will add a few great numbers to the crowd. Raiders supporters will come and sit with a large group if the look good, sound good and have good seats!

Think about it it's a win win situation. What have you got to loose?

which is more than some.

Do I sense that I am 'some'? I don't want to repeat myself, but it has been attempted at the SFS before, and generally you are asked to sit down if you are in the side area. This is one reason why this option was not attempted again. It has nothing to do with the view, or how good one perceives a seat, but respect for the paying public who don't want people standing in front of them.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I'm willing to move when we get to the game and look around to see if there is a better position that we can get to with the same tickets. Other than that, the northern end will have to do...

BAY72

Juniors
Schif_Happens,
I understand this but, there are ways around it if you are willing to try. wait and see on the weekend, we'll see what we can do. But don't just say you won't move cause you've tryed it before.

Raider Ultra

Bench
If we sit at the back of one of the blocks no one can complain about you obstructing your view. There's no law about standing at football, unlike in England. I remember the first time I sat with the SGB (Roosters 2000) I think, I sat with them cause they were in a good position and I didn't have to move far. It's just a little thing, but most people who dont know the sgb will be hesistant to walk to the end of the ground and sit with people they dont know. Theyre much more likely to sit with you if they don't have to move much.

sydraider

First Grade
The Court of Sydraider calls for a compromise of sorts lol. I would prefer we sit all together then apart, we can make more noise if we are all together and that my friends makes for a great atmosphere.
Banter aside lol, i hope we all come to an agreement before sunday cos when i get there im looking for the most green and sitting with it, i diont care what part of the ground it is :lol:

Panjabi

Juniors
sydraider said:
The Court of Sydraider calls for a compromise of sorts lol. I would prefer we sit all together then apart, we can make more noise if we are all together and that my friends makes for a great atmosphere.
Banter aside lol, i hope we all come to an agreement before sunday cos when i get there im looking for the most green and sitting with it, i diont care what part of the ground it is :lol:

As a non affiliated fan i agree with sydraider's comments, the best way to boost the numbers of the SGB/Raider Army is to accomodate everyone within reason and seating arrangements play a big part in this.
How many Canberra Supporters will be at the game on Sunday, im having a stab in the dark, but i'd say 500-1000, wouldn't it be great if we could get at least 50 of those to sit together, imagine the atmosphere that would create.

Sully

Juniors
BAY 25....

At least you guys get to attend the game...Ill be in the cheap seats watching on FOXTEL.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
We will sing and cheer for you Sully, hope you get better soon.

It's going to be big on Sunday, I can't wait. We have hired a mini-bus which will be full of 12 loud and proud supports who are ready to give it their all (with the help of a few refreshments on the way down). We will probably be at the Bat & Ball (the pub near the SCG/SFS) before the game so if you get there early come and have a couple of pre-game drinks with us.

See you on Sunday!

I wasn't saying we wont move, I was providing reasons as to why under the score board works for us. We'll see what happens on the day, I have an open mind about it, I don't care were I sit as long as I can catch a finchy pass :clap:

thickos

First Grade
You never know, sitting behind the sticks may be the best place to catch a finchy special!!! :lol:

I agree with what's been said, start behind the sticks, gather a bit of a crowd and if we dont get in anyone's way then move to the side, maybe 10-20m line.

BAY72

Juniors
RaidersMalt, don't foget to add the four of us already up here. Our plan is to meet you at the Bat & Ball, will talk to Woodgers tomorrow and organise it.

Schif_Happens, Wasn't having a shot, just making sure you all keep an open mind. It would be a better decision to move around, and of course you want to have as little impact as possible to the crowd around you. But just remember the crowd turn up to create atmosphere, whether it is just a simple clap or the occasional yell.

If you're out there clapping harder or yelling louder, then they can't complain, and I believe you are well with in your right to be there, as you are a supporters group and are doing a better job than they are.

We will have to pick the right spot on the night, as it is almost impossible to do it from here.

Hope to see you all there.

WE ARE THE ... :clap: