What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On The Road

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Two very though away games for the boys. Personally I'd be happy if they came away with one win out the two games (I don't care which one). Two wins would be absolutely fantastic and no wins would be a dissapointing way to head back to Mt Smart.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep a tough road trip alright. Underlines the importance of winning our first two as even if we come back winless we'll still be mid table. But I think we can take either team if we turn up to play both have been good but neither have been really dominant.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
But I think we can take either team if we turn up to play both have been good but neither have been really dominant.

I agree, but also believe we could turn up to play and still get beat in both games.

I wouldnt be suprised if we come away with 2 wins. Warriors confident playing good footy. Storm and Sea Eagles dont look that flash

Brad Joyce

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Storm and Sea Eagles dont look that flash

They looked just as good as the Warriors. The Sea Eagles beating the Tigers at Leichardt without Orford, Beaver, Matai etc is not to be scoffed at. People are underating them, including the TAB last week (thanks for that Mr Lally).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Jesus you lot are all doom and gloom, we're 2 and 0 and playing as well as any team in the competition so far this year. No reason we can't come away from those games with 1, 2 even 3 wins. Have some faith!

dazza

Staff member
i agree spacey. i know it`s a new season, but the warriors were the only team to come away with the 2 points in melbourne last year.

i`m confident we can do the same this week, & also beat manly too.

cheers dazza

ozbash

Referee
manly have done nothing to impress, 19-8 against a struggling tigers side is nothing to write home about. menzies is near his use-by date and matai is a bloody idiot who is good for at least 2-3 penalties.

the storm are a class outfit but i really think the experiment with inglis will backfire on them , much the same as cuties possie switches have backfired on the broncs .

we have proven to ourselves (and the storm) that we can take them, big difference is now we are an even better team than what played them last time, and they're not.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
Jesus you lot are all doom and gloom, we're 2 and 0 and playing as well as any team in the competition so far this year. No reason we can't come away from those games with 1, 2 even 3 wins. Have some faith!

You've just got to be realistic too. Just cause we've won two in a row, people jump on the band wagon and make a song and dance about how well we're going. Then if we go away and pick up two losses, people will bring out the old adage, 'the Warriors are back to their old ways again'. This comp is so even, anything could happen.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Storm haven't been overly impressive but they're coming up with enough flashes of brilliance to win matches which is a concern (especially if we lapse after halftime again).

Manly haven't been too impressive either but they've played both their games in shocking conditions and have only conceeded 14 points combined.

ozbash

Referee
have only conceeded 14 points combined.

i would say that reflects back on the teams they have played.

Hatzy

Juniors
ozbash said:
manly have done nothing to impress, 19-8 against a struggling tigers side is nothing to write home about. menzies is near his use-by date and matai is a bloody idiot who is good for at least 2-3 penalties.

the storm are a class outfit but i really think the experiment with inglis will backfire on them , much the same as cuties possie switches have backfired on the broncs .

we have proven to ourselves (and the storm) that we can take them, big difference is now we are an even better team than what played them last time, and they're not.

Exaaaaaactly.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
KeepingTheFaith said:
Manly haven't been too impressive either but they've played both their games in shocking conditions and have only conceeded 14 points combined.

I'd be more impressed if they'd conceeded 14 points combined in good conditions.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Never mind who the opposition is, as long as put up the type of performance that shows we are playing consistenty and pushing to the last minute then it's good. 1/2 would be ideal if not both, but for now let's just concentrate one game at a time.

JJ

Immortal
3/4 would be outstanding, 4/4 unbelievable.

Even 2/4 would be better than many were expecting

MKEB...

Staff member
not really, I expect 4/4 but I will settle for 3/4. This is the strongest forward pack we have had ever bar none. Maybe not as flashy but the solidest.

This is also the most talented backline we have ever had. Small granted, but most of them have solid ball skills..and dont have this necessity to run out of the line on defence.

They have also gelled quicker than any other warrior team in recent memory.

Latest posts