What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the Up

The Popper

Bench
IMO Leagues Club facilities for members have definitely improved over the past coupla years. The shows have been great. Must be the new sheila fill in CEO doing all this. Went to see Tom Burlinson last weekend, Quigs. Bloody great, singing ol' blue eyes and a few others. They've got Altiyan Childs and John Water's `Looking Through A Glass Onion' coming up. Love to see them but unfortunately I have prior commitments. And has anybody been to the outdoor theatre? I wanted to go a coupla times but unfortunately the rain put me off. And I reckon things will get even better when the development kicks off too. Hmmm! Wonder if they've considered movies in the auditorium for shoppers and their kids??? :)

Ausguy

Coach
My only gripe and I fear it has cost us some coin is the removal of what was the bistro. Sure u can order from the bar but I still think we have lost some patronage due to the change b

carcharias

Immortal
That looking through a glass oniion show is awesome.
I saw it a few years ago .

If you are even remotely a BeatleS fan you will love it.

John Water is amazing...and his band is sh*t HOT!!!

Just make sure you are seated in time for the start .
Rocking in late is frowned upon in The theatre .

The Popper

Bench
Well, I hope it comes up trumps, Spider. Most of the shows I've been to have been well attended. If those in attendance also eat at the club and have a couple of drinks, it should be a positive. Ate at the new Aqua Lounge last week. The meal was a shocker. They wanna lift their game in that regard. Do you know if it was club catered or otherwise?
Yeah, I'm kicking myself that I can't get to the Onion show, Carch. I've seen John Waters sing John Lennon before and he is superb.

Stoner Rock

Juniors
Outdoor cinema is great. No more than 80 people on the night I went but the atmosphere is great. Clouds looked a bit threatening but nothing eventuated. We will definitely be doing it again if they have it next year.

spider

Coach
Well, I hope it comes up trumps, Spider. Most of the shows I've been to have been well attended. If those in attendance also eat at the club and have a couple of drinks, it should be a positive. Ate at the new Aqua Lounge last week. The meal was a shocker. They wanna lift their game in that regard. Do you know if it was club catered or otherwise?
Yeah, I'm kicking myself that I can't get to the Onion show, Carch. I've seen John Waters sing John Lennon before and he is superb.

lot of costs to cover on big shows pop - arrist guarantee alone requires a full house most times, and that's before the agents drill you

club does all the catering internally - exception being king wan. you can toss a dog turd from the back yard to the front yard but af the end of the day it's still a dog turd

they need to look outside the box in regard to their food offering - can't compete with finer dining joints at cronulla and certainly can't compete with the likes of the taren point hotel or tradies gymea

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
lot of costs to cover on big shows pop - arrist guarantee alone requires a full house most times, and that's before the agents drill you

Now a days you offer the artist the door takings, then its up to them to "attract" the people.
The club sits back & enjoys the increase in drink, food & pokies. Do it right with a few promo's & your laughing...only added expense is staff.

spider

Coach
Now a days you offer the artist the door takings, then its up to them to "attract" the people.
The club sits back & enjoys the increase in drink, food & pokies. Do it right with a few promo's & your laughing...only added expense is staff.
agents dictate the deal - not the venue

the glass onion did half a dozen shows at the opera house, the agent doesnt relax the price for a club

spider

Coach
im referring to big acts cools - glass onion, wendy mathews, hoodoo gurus, tahir, mcclymonts, etc

you know you can trust me on that

coolumsharkie

Referee
im referring to big acts cools - glass onion, wendy mathews, hoodoo gurus, tahir, mcclymonts, etc

you know you can trust me on that

Depends on a few things though mate, for instance the agency that deals with Glass Onion would have to hire the venue and sell and promote the event i,e the Opera House, Nambour Civic Cntr etc, in the case of booking at a lisenced club the agency books the show at a "set" price and it's up to the club to promote the act. Sometimes a joint promotion is negotiated as you would know, also the agency would have canvassed your club for the event in the first place, correct?

spider

Coach
nah mate - the agent sends out a communication to all venues stating the guarantee versus sales above and beyond that

those interested jump on. sometimes the guarantee can be negotiated, but not much room to flex

the agent stipulates ticket price and style. Whether that be cabaret, GA, etc

mind you I'm only talking about clubs though

ps. It's not my club brother - lol

Latest posts