What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One HD Tonight

skeepe

Immortal
'89 was easily the best. And since it's now 20 years on, it's understandable that there's some focus on it.

That also makes it kinda depressing... 15 years since the Raiders last made a GF.

Sleep

Juniors
I thought this was going to be about the Chicago Bulls/Utah Jazz replay on tonight. I'm disappointed.

Jordan over Russell for the win!

Lambretta

First Grade
2008????

i reckon the panthers v roosters was one of the best in recent memory

or dogs v manly in 96 i think? but knights v manly with ablet was sick too

'95 was Dogs v Manly - I first came to Oz that year in October, a couple of days after the game and remember seeing the presentation of the trophy on the in flight news.

'97 was Manly v Newcastle with Darren Albert scoring the winning try in the last minute off that Andrew Johns pass.

Agreed that 2003 was just about the best in the last 20 years. It was about the most intense game of football I've ever witnessed and even supporting the losing team was a priviledge. It was saddening not to win back to back, but that was an amazing game.

Skinner

Coach
Are we ever going to see a year around grand final time when we don't have Balmain and canberra players trying to convince the rest of the savvy minded league public that their "89 GF was the best of all time?

Especially from the Balmain players as a way of coping with the loss.

If anything that game was as fragment and clumsy as they get.

This same rigmarole is getting really tired.

Suck it up son, '89 was THE greatest Grand Final ever.

Once you accept that fact - you'll feel better.

Man, watching this show, I could see channel 10 doing this stuff all the time for League if they had the rights. I so hope they get them next time around

not wrong mate, how much tv time does the AFL get on ONE/Ten ay
the nrl needs to sign a decent TV deal but it will never happen with news limited so far involved in it all

t-ba

Post Whore
If that Manly side was actually capable of playing grand finals, it would have been more than 12 points. I don't think there's been a more talented side in living memory that played like spastics when it came to playing in the big one.

Eelectrica

Referee
yep.

a real 12 point smashing.

And you guys copped a real tough decision right on Half time in that. If memory serves Bartrim made a tackle on Ridge who was allowed to get up and score in the Siren.
Was something like that anyway.

gregstar

Referee
brown made the tackle & was still holding ridge & the players were waiting for him to play the ball.

sh*t decision.

but had zilch influence on who the better side was.

Latest posts