What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One major concern for me about sunday and the Storm

84 Baby

Referee
who cares, doesnt bother me ppl are writing us off, ive been watching interviews of both eels and storm players and we look actually a bit more relaxed than them i think haynes comment yesterday about playing in 3 gfs and only winning 1 kinda hit a sore spot for them haha
Agreed. Storm actually sound a bit like the Dragons before we beat them. I don't fear us tensing up like before 01 because we've seen it for weeks now, after every win all the players were exuberant. Who remembers Morts saying it was like a party. They've appeared relaxed for months but when they kick off comes, that first hit up switches them on. On that, I think we started slowly last week because we were surprised they kicked off the Cayless not Fui. Someone usually gets in Fui's ear to rile him up for a big first run, that in turn fires up the rest of the team

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
The thing that worries me most is that each week for the past few months every team we have faced have all come out and said this is how we are going to deal with Hayne, it has always been how do you stop Hayne. This week I haven't heard boo on this topic and it looks like Melbourne have come to realise that it's just not Hayne they need to worry about but the whole team in general.

yy_cheng

Coach
Not quite so worried about this anymore. Ando has done good job nullifying it most times. Joel Reddy is also known for rushing up into the line early and is one of the reasons Eric sometimes comes in. Rather than slap their wrists you may have noticed in the last few weeks that the defenders inside Joel and Eric actually move wider behind these two to cover. It's been very effective lately and only a few tries have been scored there in the last few games rather than the multiple ones from earlier in the year. A masterful coach indeed.

Yeah totally agree.

I don't get it. Does he not sleep to devise so many strategies and how to fix certain things. I know he's got a coaching team but to watch videos, devise a strategy/solution, train it, fine tune it, could take a long long time.

After the 37-0 drubbing, it was fixed the next week.

When Sharpie comes on board, we will be even bigger and better.

Someone said a Parra/Melbourne rivalry to match the Parra/Dogs of the 80's is coming and I agree.

84 Baby

Referee
The thing that worries me most is that each week for the past few months every team we have faced have all come out and said this is how we are going to deal with Hayne, it has always been how do you stop Hayne. This week I haven't heard boo on this topic and it looks like Melbourne have come to realise that it's just not Hayne they need to worry about but the whole team in general.
I'm actually very thankful of that. Everytime Cameron Smith or Craig Bellamy open their mouths, makes me what to throw my fist in there just a little bit more

I'm nervous that Cam Smith wants to right the wrongs of last year.

Need to be all over him.

But I think we are a super fit team and will present where needed when needed!!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Enjoy the ride. My simple philosophy this week, carried on since the Dragons game.

The boys have done us proud - they've turned up and stood up when it has counted. The Melbourne game against the Broncos was a bit scary if you look entirely at the scoreline. What you may have missed was the 17 Broncos that looked aimless. Sure, the Storm destroyed them. The thing is on Saturday night even the Sharks would have destroyed them.

The Eels have defended their arses off. They have shut down the momentum of much more fancied forward packs than the Storm in the past few weeks. It is all about turning up and standing up to be counted.

Cayless went off, they lifted.

They aren't letting the little things worry them.... they are doing what they have to and they are competing. Robson, Reddy and Grothe are sure to be tested this Sunday night. Inevitable. They've been tested since the Dragons game and sure they have had tries scored down that side but they've also turned back a hell of a lot more.

Stop worrying about what may be, enjoy the week like our players are doing and then wherever you are watching the game - TURN UP, STAND UP!

Parra Steve

Juniors
Our average points conceeded for the last 3 games have been 9 points. I think Defence will win this game,

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm with u colonel. After the 1st final when we beat the Drags, I have been so relaxed. I was really edgy before that drags final

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gotta laugh at the Queenslanders, a lot of people i to spoke last week were bagging the Storm. Hate the club, Bellamy turned his back on us. Slater is in crap form blah,blah,blah. Now this week they have all jumped on the bandwagon and they all have forgotten what they said the week before :lol:

Only in Qld :crazy:

haynemagic

Juniors
Dont worry im tipping reddy to have an awesome game an dominate inglis, reddy always lifts his game against rep centres and punishes them in defence

cgee221

Juniors
I'm backing Inu to be first, last try scorer and CCM winner. I reckon he is tuned for a blinder. Thought he had a great game against the Bulldogs - and will be improved greatly for the run...
He is the player who has slipped under the radar in match discussions, that is, in my opinion.

I think Inu is in for a big game too...he showed great signs last week and I have a feeling he may make Chambers look silly.

lingard

Coach
The main thing that has got me sh*tting myself, is Melbourne's motivation with a 40-zipper against them last year.

I know for Hindmarsh personally, his passion and determination would outweight all of that.

I hope the rest of the team gets just as motivated, and proves that the success oft the last couple of Storm games were anomalies due to poor opposition.

lingard

Coach
The main thing that has got me sh*tting myself, is Melbourne's motivation with a 40-zipper against them last year.

I know for Hindmarsh personally, his passion and determination would outweight all of that.

I hope the rest of the team gets just as motivated, and proves that the success oft the last couple of Storm games were anomalies due to poor opposition.

Sure, that 40-nil loss would be motivation for them; but I tell you what - if Parramatta happen to score first, or if we are ahead or even level at half-time, I reckon Melbourne might start really doubting themselves. The crowd will be overwhelmingly on our side; the ref's might be influenced - it'll be a BIG crowd. And Melbourne have not come up against ANYTHING LIKE this Parramatta side in a very long time. I sincerely believe that if Melbourne dont skip to a big lead early, they will lose. There actually are a number of reasons for thinking that Parramatta should be favourites.

Eelectrica

Referee
My fear is the starts we've had.
In the 3 finals so far our opponents have been on top for the opening of each game.
Titans and Dragons both made the mistake of letting the pressure valve off with ill advised penalty goals while the doggies score the opening try.
Could be a recipe for disaster against Melbourne.

On the flip side we are due to score first. :p
As long as it's not a penalty goal. :crazy:
Unless said penalty goal is in the 79th minute and the final score is 2-0 :D

Eelectrica

Referee
If it's tight at half time I will be feeling good to run em down!!

Agreed. We've finished on top of our opponents to date and have had so many tough games come down to the final 10. We know we can hang in and finish the job.

If there is one thing I'm sure of is that this team won't choke if the game is there for the taking.

Kornstar

Coach
the ref's might be influenced

I have never been more confident that the ref's will give Melbourne EVERYTHING, we will be up against it like never before.

We will have to make our own luck because the ref's won't give us sh*t!

Because of the referee bias, if we win it will be the greatest Grand Final win EVER!!!!!

Parraletic

Juniors
Stop worrying princess....we'll smash Inglis & co.

Now go down to your nearest bunnings, buy some concrete & harden the F*** up cause we need all Parra fans at there finest on Sunday.

LET'S GO PARRA, LET'S GO!

cgee221

Juniors
Stop worrying princess....we'll smash Inglis & co.

Now go down to your nearest bunnings, buy some concrete & harden the F*** up cause we need all Parra fans at there finest on Sunday.

LET'S GO PARRA, LET'S GO!

I love this guys attitude!

Latest posts