What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One positive from yesterday

Tommy Smith

Referee
At least we don't have to worry endlessy anymore from week to week wondering whether or not we are a good team.

Because the boys got our hopes up after the first two weeks; and whilst the Dogs defeat only made me suspicious, the following two performances have confirmed to me that we are indeed a very average football side.

And we are indeed a "growing and developing" football team (ive heard that for 6 years now!).

So i now don't need to spend anymore nervous energy before every game because ill know that we'll stumble our way to 8th-11th on the ladder and do nothing of note.

That's right people, sometimes its better to support a sh*t team than an up and down team...atleast sh*t teams don't f**k with your mind.

boo_boo

Juniors
I think that your first 2 games proved that Brian Smith knows how to win & knows how to prepare his players for games.
In those first two games your forwards did what was required, nothing more, nothing less & left Carney, Anasta, Pearce & Aubusson to create the rest.
As the 1-6-7-9 are the main playmakers then this shows how important they are and on Sunday they were completely outclassed.
And i think your season will depend on your forwards & how they shape up throughout the year.

Tom Ace

Bench
A little drastic I think Tommy.

Wait till we get a few of our injured players back (Symonds and Hargreaves) and Ryles gets a few solid weeks under his belt and then we can make a proper assessment I think.

Our defeats have, for the most part, been as a result of our forwards not being up to the challenge, mostly Paea and FPN to be honest. And our halves are then pushing passes, rushing or going for miracle plays because they haven't got a platform to play from.

We have the talent in the halves and backs, they just need a solid footing to demonstrate that talent.

That's what I think anyway

boo_boo

Juniors
A little drastic I think Tommy.

Wait till we get a few of our injured players back (Symonds and Hargreaves) and Ryles gets a few solid weeks under his belt and then we can make a proper assessment I think.

Our defeats have, for the most part, been as a result of our forwards not being up to the challenge, mostly Paea and FPN to be honest. And our halves are then pushing passes, rushing or going for miracle plays because they haven't got a platform to play from.

We have the talent in the halves and backs, they just need a solid footing to demonstrate that talent.

That's what I think anyway

Tom Ace, i agree with what your saying.
Your forwards laid the foundations for those wins.
I like Symonds but i'm not sold on Hargraves & i think if anymore of your forwards get injured then you'll struggle to compete with other sides.

Choppies

Coach
I went into this season not expecting a huge form turn around. I expect us to finish around 10th ish. Yes we have heard growing team and rebuilding alot. In saying that it's been 5 years of uncertainty and sh*t. Alot brought on by administration with some of their appointments. Anderson for starters. We have kept ourselves back for years and only now are we re building at last.
We got trounced last week because most of our forward pack is on the sidelines and the backs kept dropping the ball.
I'm not going into games expecting them to be world beaters.
I think we are going to be fine in the years to come under Smith.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think we'll see an improvement when Symonds and JWH return. At the moment our forward pack is struggling. Kouparitsis has his moments but I honestly don't think he can be in the 17 when Symonds comes back.

boo_boo

Juniors
Jones for Kouparitsis ?
Hargraves has only proven he has a big mouth so far.
Kennedy looked the goods the other week so i would be looking at keeping him involved.

TheFrog

Coach
We've been hearing that Carney is a shoe-in for the Origin side, but he was so seriously outplayed by a 20 year old kid yesterday that it must cast huge doubts on him. Not the last time he'll be tested under the high ball this year I'd have to suggest.

DeadElvis

Juniors
Unfortunately another 12 months of disappointments...as long as don't get another spoon then we have somehow improved.........forwards are our issue it seems.

boo_boo

Juniors
We've been hearing that Carney is a shoe-in for the Origin side, but he was so seriously outplayed by a 20 year old kid yesterday that it must cast huge doubts on him. Not the last time he'll be tested under the high ball this year I'd have to suggest.

Frog, to be fair i think Lachlan Coote had a game that he is unlikely to forget & is headed to greater achievements in our game whilst Todd Carney is still playing out of position.
Carney is a 5/8 & if Brian Smith is serious about 2010 then that's where he will play with Minichello going back to F/B & Anasta to lock.
The combinations are starting to click for the Roosters but they were out of time on Sunday against a side that would have beaten anyone on their day.

Monk

Referee
TBH, i wouldnt hate it if Perrett went back to fullback and mini stayed on the wing. Just sayin.

Latest posts