What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Sharks player is feeling grossly underpaided

Vossy

Bench
rebecca wilsons gossip page in todays telegraph, enough proof for me for it to be BS..

ONE big name sharks player is anxiously waiting for the clubs next move on the suspended Greg Bird. This guy feels he is grossly underpaid and will be banging on tony zappia's door for a pay rise should salary cap money be freed up from birds expected departure

probably simmo :)

Stagger eel

Staff member
if the story has legs and knowing Zap he'll find out who it is and drag them in his office for a please explain..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Only one to make the aussie side.

If he ain't on the dollars of Ross and Tupou, perhaps he has a case.

That said, he signed up at whatever price he did.

Inferno

Coach
Interesting. He was on around 300k I think at the time of his last contract signing, and that was before he had played SOO or for the Green and Gold. He'd likely have gotten an upgrade perhaps to 350K?

Not exactly what I'd call grossly underpaid.

Inferno

Coach
Only one to make the aussie side.

If he ain't on the dollars of Ross and Tupou, perhaps he has a case.

That said, he signed up at whatever price he did.

Ross and Tupou are not fair comparisons IMO. We paid well overs for both.

spider

Coach
all jokes aside - this is rebecca wilson reporting this in her gossip section

surely if it were true, then the player should have the smarts not to be using the bird scenario as weight advantage if it was to fall that way

wilson - pfffft

Genius Freak

Juniors
Based in the final game of the season, no one in that side deserves a pay rise. In fact certain players should be docked money in accordance with their performance.

Should money be available, fans should either be reimbursed for watching that abject display, or Mermaids should be sent door to door in the Shire with apologies on behalf of the team.

Special K

Coach
i'm sure he would rather have his best mate stay and have a better chance to win the comp then get an extra... Doesn't he have an out option to talk to esl clubs next year?