What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to forget...

Southernsaint

Staff member
I don't know if a video session is needed for last night's game. There is absolutely nothing positive that can come from going over the game again.

I thought the forwards held their own, errors were down & the completion rate was good but the halves, Head & Barrett were completely invisible. There was no spark & no creativity. The weight of posession & field position that Saints had but did not capitalise on was a killer.

Where is the Barrett of a few weeks ago, the ball-running five-eighth?? He wasn't in FNQ, that's for sure. Indecisive & ineffectual last night. Same for Head - who missed a kick from virtually in front.

I'll stand by what I said before the game that Saints can & should have beaten the Cowboys by 12-18 points. The game was won & lost in the backs - the Cowboys are very talented, well-drilled & disciplined & wanted it more. All congratulations to them, imagine of Morrison & their other injured players were available?? :evil:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Grantwhy

Juniors
You'd be surprise how many teams have had bad games against the Cowboys this season.

Sometimes even when they have beaten the Coowboys.

There might be a pattern there ;-).

Southernsaint

Staff member
Grantwhy said:
You'd be surprise how many teams have had bad games against the Cowboys this season.

Sometimes even when they have beaten the Coowboys.

There might be a pattern there ;-).

Grant, there's no disrespect to the Cowboys & their defence was amazing but the amount of times that Barrett or Head did nothing with the ball late in the sets was frustrating to say the least.

That & the missed tackles killed Saints & NQ were good enough to cut right through Saints like they weren't there...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Roo

Juniors
Re: Barrett

I couldn't believe that they allowed him to play.

Anyone that has been in a motor vehicle accident whether it be serious or minor knows that you feel as though you have been hit by a Mack truck, but you don't feel it till a day or 2 later.

Serious decelleration has that effect on the body.

Barrett was non exsistant, and it looked like Head was waiting to see what Barrett was doing.

I dips me lid to Browny, who is one of only a few NRL coaches to be gracious in defeat. It's a good trait.

Go the Cowboys!