What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

Drakon

Juniors
Totally agree mate. He has the talent but has lacked the motivation at times. Let's see what Brennan can get out of him. Wish him well Xx
Respectfully Drag. Nene is with the Cowboys coached by Green. Brennan coaches the Titans.

be55

Juniors
Yes Jalal. Yes he his being sprint and running technique trained by a mate of mine. He is just 18 and already a big tough fit unit. Puts a lot of hard work in..so lets see
Have only seen limited amounts of this kid but what i have seen have really liked.This kid seems strong,aggressive and really puts everything in to every run and every tackle.I have the feeling that once he gets in and around the first grade team he could be turned into an absolute weapon.A real BEAST in the making.Look forward to seeing how he progresses.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Not seen but a little of Saab (from highlights), but he seems exciting. Is it not possible to give him a few matches in FG this year (after June 30th)... blood him and get A better idea how to develop him? (Especially If our season doesn’t turn around soon)

possm

Coach
You are nearly there..keep going.:D
One thing you must remember Paragraph 2...you are correct.... but Basil himself, did not appoint himself.
And for the record. That Mulholland who is at Canberra and Manly recruitment guy who went to the Tigers..did no better, but they all inherited a mess, mainly Doust & Young running recruitment from 2012-2014
Bob Millward (Basil' father) is top dog of the Illawarra old boys who Craig Young (who is the top dog of theSt George old boys) came to an arrangement on Millward and other major appointments within the Club.

getsmarty

Immortal
Jason Saab named in Blues' Under-20s squad
Author
NSWRL
Timestamp
Mon 1 Jul 2019, 12:24 PM

The NSWRL is pleased to announce the CABE NSW Under-20 squad to face Queensland in the State of Origin double-header at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday 10 July.

The Under-20 match will be played before Game Three of the Holden State of Origin series decider. The team will be coached by True Blue Mark O’Meley.

The 20-man squad includes NRL players Oregon Kaufusi (Parramatta Eels), Stefano Utoikamanu (Parramatta Eels), Sam Verrills (Sydney Roosters) and Brandon Wakeham (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Canterbury Cup NSW players Jason Saab (St George Illawarra Dragons) and Tex Hoy (Newcastle Knights), and Melbourne Storm’s Cooper Johns, the son of True Blue Matthew Johns.

NSW will be hoping to avenge last year’s 30-12 loss to Queensland at Suncorp Stadium which was their first loss since the Under-20 concept started in 2012.

The team will assemble in camp on Friday 5 July.

CABE NSW Under 20s

1 Tex Hoy (Newcastle Knights)
2 Tuipolota Katoa (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
3 Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
4 Ethan Parry (Parramatta Eels)
5 Jason Saab (St George Illawarra Dragons)
6 Cooper Johns (Melbourne Storm)
7 Brandon Wakeham (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
8 Spencer Leniu (Penrith Panthers)
9 Sam Verrills (Sydney Roosters)
10 Oregon Kaufusi (Parramatta Eels)
11 Teig Wilton (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
12 Matthew Doorey (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
13 Darby Medlyn (Canberra Raiders)
14 Luke Huth (Newcastle Knights)
15 Stefano Utoikamanu (Parramatta Eels)
16 Matt Croker (Newcastle Knights)
17 Ky Rodwell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
18 Tommy Talau (Wests Tigers)
19 Alex Seyfarth (Wests Tigers)
20 Phoenix Crossland (Newcastle Knights)

Coach: Mark O’Meley

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/07/01/jason-saab-named-in-blues-under-20s-squad/

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I hear Saab has been motoring along.

The Kramer test.
900b.jpg

SaintPauli

Juniors
he doesnt look to me to be that strong just looking at the video clip he looks too skinny no muscle definition in the legs , arms need more muscle, looks like he would get pushed around, he doesnt look ready for 1st grade for a few years as i said before 2021 at the earliest, will be interesting to see how he develops in 2019
Almost as skinny as jj from good times for the older folks. Plenty of speed and a good football brain. Makes a few errors due to trying too hard and that's likely inexperience. Big future along with Tristan Sailor who has come a long way this year.

possm

Coach
Almost as skinny as jj from good times for the older folks. Plenty of speed and a good football brain. Makes a few errors due to trying too hard and that's likely inexperience. Big future along with Tristan Sailor who has come a long way this year.
Saab now is eligible to play first grade so, while Lomax is injured, I'd play Ravalawa at 3 and Saab at 5. Dufty to fullback and Field and Clune in the halves.

denis preston

First Grade

Dyn - o -mite !!!

Reactions: Btk

watatank

Coach
Great to see Saab in this game, a year early too. It's a shame that Lomax didn't get a chance to play in this game. Would have given him a lot of confidence. I'm sure he will play junior kangaroos at the end of the year or maybe Prime ministers team again