What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only 1 Wests Tigers player would have been picked in Ricky's Kangaroo camp.

girvie

Staff member
Tim Sheens said on Triple M that he heard that only 1 of the Wests Tigers would have been selected in the Kangaroos camp.

He is pretty filthy about it.

Sheens wants Ricky Stuart to name the Wests player(s) who would have been selected just like he did with the Broncos players.

I think it is pretty disgraceful that only 1 Wests player would have been picked. I guess it was Prince. I think it would have been worth including Farah, Hodgson and a couple of forwards such as Heighington and maybe Laffranchi or Skandalis.

Raider_69

Post Whore
prince, hodgson and maybe skando and farah
outside that i dont think the rest should be near the list

Balmain_Boy

Pfft, when blokes like Ashton Simms are on the list, Laffranchi, Skando and Robbie Farah should be shoe ins.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Pfft, when blokes like Ashton Simms are on the list, Laffranchi, Skando and Robbie Farah should be shoe ins.

agreed on that front, but just cause simms got in on next to no reason doesnt mean others should... two wrongs dont make a right as they say

id have had:
Skando in for Ashton Simms
Hodgo in for Ryan Cross
Farah in for Dean Young
Prince in for Tim Smith

outside that i think its just about right

Balmain_Boy

I'd argue Anthony Laffranchi far and away outplayed Brent Kite last season, same goes for Ben Galea and Michael Crocker.

Fact is, noone rates out players even though we've won the premiership. They put it all down to the halves, hodgson, skando and sheensy and ignore the outstanding work of the rest of the team. I suppose as a Canberra fan you'd know the feeling given the media commentary on your season 2003.

Eddie.

Bench
What we tend to overlook at times as mad Tigers fans is the fact that some of our stars are Kiwis. Benji, Whaturia, Halatau and Now Lolesi are all Internationals. Theres 4 internationals right there and you canthrow in Harrison as being in the Kiwi mix.

The first Tigers players who Ricky Stuart should put in there would be Robbie Farah. He will take over from Buderus in a year or two. Brett Hodgson would definetly deserve the backup fullback spot after winning fullback of the year last season and dominating the week to week NRL for 2 seasons now. Scott Prince is another shoe in as a back up half after an outstanding season in 2005. I. . Pat richards also would of been a half a chance if still around as one of the best few wingers in the game.

Apart from that players such as Galea, Elford, Heightington, Payten, Skandalis, Laffranchi, Fulton are all more then solid club players who are vital parts in a very good team, however outside of the top 40 odd whatever Aussie players. In terms of the future it would be good to see Laffranchi get a country cap, he can work his way up from there.

So i guess what im saying is with 4 kiwis, plus Prince and possible Hodgo and Farah, we are not getting as rorted as some may think.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I doubt the story.. I think it is Sheens calling Stuart's bluff to force him to name the Tigers players who would have made the squad..

If Farah, Hodgson, Skandallis and Prince weren't all included if Tigers players were to be named then something is seriously wrong.. I would have no problem with Heighnington and Laffranchi being named either..

sunny

How many Wests Tigers players should have gotten in or not is one thing, but I don't think that's the point. It's symbolic of a wider problem, and that problem is that certain Australian jerseys have become sinecures and not things that have been earned on form.

tiger_nick

Bench
I find it a bit strange Sheens having a go at Stuart on air. Its hard to imagine he and Stuart wouldnt be good mates and talk reguarly. Don't know why he wouldnt say it to him personally if he has an issue with him

Balmain_Boy

Eddie. said:
What we tend to overlook at times as mad Tigers fans is the fact that some of our stars are Kiwis. Benji, Whaturia, Halatau and Now Lolesi are all Internationals. Theres 4 internationals right there and you canthrow in Harrison as being in the Kiwi mix.

I disagree, quite simply because there's every chance Whatuira, Halatau and Lolesi would miss out if they were aussies. Laffranchi and Rhino are both better players than Halatau and Harrison.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
I disagree, quite simply because there's every chance Whatuira, Halatau and Lolesi would miss out if they were aussies. Laffranchi and Rhino are both better players than Halatau and Harrison.

Remember rhino barely played at all last year and of those few games he did play he was good in half of them in pretty average in the other half... very inconsistant

Raider_69

Post Whore
ahh ok, well Ryan O'Hara is also known as Rhino amongst players and fans... heighy might have to make the change :p

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well Ryan O'Hara said quickly sounds like Rhino Hara... so id say he'd have a strong claim, but he is coming to the new club, so its certainly an iffy :lol:

melon....

Coach
Prince and Skando and Ragdoll (especially since Mini might have back problems) are the only ones that really qualify for the Green and Gold.

Remember the rest very much over over over achieved last year.

Sheens, get over it you twat.

Latest posts