What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open vacancies at the Warriors

Aragorn

First Grade
If I was in Waynes shoes, I would be asking the owners to help fund, not just the coaches role, but a multiple list of other roles we need to bring this club up to the next level.

1) One head coach - calls the shots, makes the decisions and held fully accountable.

2) Techincal advisor - tactician – of a John Hart mould – maybe get in Graeme Henry or someone that is a subject matter expert. Someone that can analyze video tapes, come up with game plays, review tapes of the opposition and give good sound advise.

3) Forward defensive coach - one that focuses on a grapple, shoulder charge, the chicken wing

4) Backline defensive coach - one that focuses on one:eek:ne tackling, around the legs, Matthew Ridge style. One that specializes in back line defensive structures and the options available – how to read a game on defense.

5) One motivational speaker/a psychologist – getting these kids mentally prepared and focused on a long season. Helping them keep the mentally focus.

6) Fitness conditioner / training expert – get these guys in shape with proper diets, drills, gym work, fitness monitoring

Sounds like a bit of an overkill but I think its better than what we currently have.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
If bluey didnt request for #2-6, then he failed as a coach even before he started...

Izz

Bench
If I was in Waynes shoes, I would be asking the owners to help fund, not just the coaches role, but a multiple list of other roles we need to bring this club up to the next level.

1) One head coach - calls the shots, makes the decisions and held fully accountable.

2) Techincal advisor - tactician – of a John Hart mould – maybe get in Graeme Henry or someone that is a subject matter expert. Someone that can analyze video tapes, come up with game plays, review tapes of the opposition and give good sound advise.

3) Forward defensive coach - one that focuses on a grapple, shoulder charge, the chicken wing

4) Backline defensive coach - one that focuses on one:eek:ne tackling, around the legs, Matthew Ridge style. One that specializes in back line defensive structures and the options available – how to read a game on defense.

5) One motivational speaker/a psychologist – getting these kids mentally prepared and focused on a long season. Helping them keep the mentally focus.

6) Fitness conditioner / training expert – get these guys in shape with proper diets, drills, gym work, fitness monitoring

Sounds like a bit of an overkill but I think its better than what we currently have.

Thoughts?
The only roles of these we don't have (or any nrl team doesn't have) are forward/back defensive coaches, and we don't need split-role defensive coaches. This isn't union where the defensive style for backs and forwards is vastly different. One overall defensive coach should be good enough.

The difference between us and the top teams is that the people we have in those roles this season aren't very good.

Your description of technical advisor=assistant coaches, btw. Head coach has ultimate say over game plan.

Aragorn

First Grade
Its obvious Wiki doesn’t have a clue about backline defense.

who is our incumbent psychologist? conditioning coach? I thought our tactician was John Hart who wasn’t replaced when he left?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
A separate backs and forwards coach isn't necessary. The two need to work together to form a strong defensive line.

As for Wiki, apparently the guy is barely there enough to be considered part time. We need a full time defensive coach drilling the boys.

Aragorn

First Grade
I dont know - if we have money to burn (and we're told money is no limit) then why not hire a forward to coach the forwards eg Steve Price and a back to to coach the backs eg Matthe Rigde or Andrew Johns? makes sense to me.

it worked back in my rugby days - even at secondary school level...

what ever

Juniors
I dont know - if we have money to burn (and we're told money is no limit) then why not hire a forward to coach the forwards eg Steve Price and a back to to coach the backs eg Matthe Rigde or Andrew Johns? makes sense to me.

it worked back in my rugby days - even at secondary school level...

Wasn't Andrew Johns already helping out this year. And i have heard some teams that he has helped haven't done well or improved at all. Just because he was a good player doesn't mean he is good at coaching. And what he thinks is joking doesn't always go down well. Think we should just leave him out of it.

And is it just me or does he and Fittler always look half cut when they are on Footy Show. Yeah we really need our boys around that!!

jamaman

Juniors
Wasn't Andrew Johns already helping out this year. And i have heard some teams that he has helped haven't done well or improved at all. Just because he was a good player doesn't mean he is good at coaching. And what he thinks is joking doesn't always go down well. Think we should just leave him out of it.

And is it just me or does he and Fittler always look half cut when they are on Footy Show. Yeah we really need our boys around that!!

Didn't Fittler get the sack as Roosters Coach for getting on the Booze with his boys after playing at the Gold Coast

ramraider275

Juniors

2) Techincal advisor - tactician ? of a John Hart mould ? maybe get in Graeme Henry or someone that is a subject matter expert. Someone that can analyze video tapes, come up with game plays, review tapes of the opposition and give good sound advise.

4) Backline defensive coach - one that focuses on one:eek:ne tackling, around the legs, Matthew Ridge style. One that specializes in back line defensive structures and the options available ? how to read a game on defense.

5) One motivational speaker/a psychologist ? getting these kids mentally prepared and focused on a long season. Helping them keep the mentally focus.

6) Fitness conditioner / training expert ? get these guys in shape with proper diets, drills, gym work, fitness monitoring

Thoughts?

I agree with you except for 3 an 4 , IMO that should merged into 1 role as defensive coach, with the highly antipated end of season review , the new Super Coach should come with his own people for most of these roles, if rumours are true...